Sunday, March 29, 2009

Goodbye 1968 Camaro!

It was a sad week for Dan. He sold his beloved 1968 Chevrolet Camaro convertible. It had been in the family since the early 70's, being owned and driven at different times by Dan's dad, Dan's brother (David), and Dan. It even survived David accidentally shooting through the back seat. There was a time when I said I didn't want Dan to sell it, because I had hoped one day we could afford to restore it to its original glory. But, I think we both realized it would be a long time before we had the money to invest in it. And it would also be a long time before we would have time to drive it. Dan and I used to put the top down and take it out for a spin occasionally. But since Fenn was born, we haven't been able to do that. I'm just not willing to put my child in the backseat of an old car like that. So the old Camaro is gone. But she went to a good home. Alan, who is a contractor and shares office space with Dan and Betty Kay, bought it. After only one night, he has already fixed a few things that other people were never able to fix (i.e., getting the dash lights, head lights, and radio working). More than likely, he'll fix it up and drive it for a while, and then he'll eventually sell it. We sure will miss that old Camaro. But the cash in the bank is a nice replacement.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails