Wow! It's been a really long time since I've done a blog post. My last post was in early January. {But, I will be going back and filling in the last 5 1/2 months. One way or another, I will get it done!} Anyway, life has been extra busy for us since January. My job got eliminated at the beginning of January, so I have been out of work since then. You'd think that would give me MORE time to work on my blog. But instead, I've been busier with stuff around the house. Plus, to cut back on childcare expenses, the boys now only go to school 3 days a week. And they only go from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. So needless to say, I've been kind of busy with them. And on the days they're at school, the time I have to get things done during the day is limited.
Last week was an even crazier week than normal. A big storm (apparently not a tornado) came through and knocked out our power around 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday night. When we saw the strong winds and how all the trees were bent over sideways, we grabbed the kids (still awake) out of their rooms and headed to the basement. The storm passed quickly and we were able to go back upstairs. We made it through the night, but awoke to a house that still didn't have power. I spent most of the day tracking down dry ice and buying regular ice to pack into coolers and our 2 refrigerators.
Fast forward to Friday morning, we were still without power. Another storm had come through the area on Thursday night, and this time the power was out at Dan's office. So he left work and headed to the nearest home improvement store to purchase a generator. Well worth the money... even though we really didn't want to spend it on a generator. But we'll be prepared for future power outages. It made Friday night so much more bearable because we could watch tv, run a fan, plug in some lamps, and also plug in the gas cooktop to cook.
That afternoon, we received a package in the mail from a childhood friend of mine. He recently purchased a mattress store and sells Serta mattresses. He's one of those people I look forward to seeing what he posts on Facebook because he is so darned funny. So we had been communicating some on Facebook and he said he would send the boys a Serta sheep. The boys were excited to get them! It was perfect timing. They had just had a nice warm bath thanks to our generator. {The first one since Tuesday night before the power outage.} And they were ready to go to bed. Thanks, John!
The power was restored late afternoon on Saturday and things are starting to get back to normal around here. Well, except for the fact that I'm way behind on laundry. I'm going to work really hard to fit in some time to catch up this blog. It may take me a couple of months, but somehow I'll get it done. Keep checking back for January through June blog posts!
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago






No comments:
Post a Comment