Thursday, December 13, 2007

Food and Flowers

Just thought I would mention how generous people are... I think babies just bring that out in people. In addition to all of the beautiful gifts we received for Fenn (way too many to mention here), we also received a few things ~ either to feed us or just brighten our day ~ after Fenn arrived. We received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from Fenn's new pal, Gabe. (His mommy and daddy are Jim and Kama. Gabe is 13 months older than Fenn.) We also received a precious "cookie" bouquet from Fenn's Uncle David, Aunt Cindy, and cousins Austin & Harrison. The cookies were yummy! I saved the one that said, "Welcome Fenn!" and the Teddy Bear ~ I plan to shellac them and use them as Christmas ornaments. Then there were the food gifts which were a big help after Fenn was born. (Grandma was a huge help with Fenn ~ especially at night or when Mommy needed a nap during the day. But Grandma doesn't cook anymore!... so she wasn't much help in that department.) Our neighbor across the street, Julie, made a huge pan of lasagna and a pan of brownies. They were both so good. We had several meals off of that! Grandma took a particular liking to the brownies... as she would sneak into the kitchen at night and eat them. Our next door neighbor, Nicole, made a yummy pasta, sausage, and cheese dish. I can't remember what she called it, but Nicole... I still need that recipe! My friend, Barbara, sent us a Honey Baked Ham gift certificate. That was great... we used it to purchase the majority of our Christmas dinner. And Todd, Angie, Seth, and Jesse (Fenn's uncle, Aunt, and cousins) sent us a goodie basket from River Street Sweets in Savannah. If you've never been there, you have to go and try their pralines!

Thank You everyone for all the gifts, prayers, and well wishes!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails