I am so excited about something, I just have to share. I have been wanting a new camera for a while and really wanted to venture into the world of Digital SLR cameras. I have always loved photography, but have never really done anything more than just use a point-and-shoot camera or the "full auto" option on my Canon EOS Rebel G 35mm film camera. I few times I actually experimented with manual settings, but didn't really know much about aperture and shutter speed. And I never bought a decent lens for my Rebel G ~ just used the cheap lens that came with the kit. Good intentions... but I digress.
Now I'm getting more serious about it. One reason is that I'm tired of missing so many of Fenn's expressions waiting on my old point-and-shoot digital to actually take the picture! Another reason is that I'm spending a small fortune on professional photographs of Fenn. If I can start doing it myself, that will pay for the camera and any other lenses and equipment I purchase in the future. My new camera, a Canon Rebel XTi EOS Digital SLR, just arrived yesterday. And my lens, a Canon EF 50mm f/1.4, should arrive today. And I'm hoping the memory card I ordered will arrive, too. I did a lot of research online to determine the best "beginner" camera and lens, and I knew I wanted to stick with Canon. The new Canon XSi came out recently as the new and improved replacement to the XTi. Because of this, I was able to find the XTi at a pretty good price. I'm hoping to start taking my first photos this weekend while we're visiting Dan's sister.
Next up... I'm hoping to take an online photography course in the fall. And hopefully I can finally learn how to use the manual settings on my camera. I'm not necessarily looking to start a new career with this. But if I got good enough, and it blossomed into a small business, that would be fine by me. If I had a few paying customers from time to time, that would be great. But that's a ways down the road. In the meantime, I hope to learn as much as I can and take pictures of my family. Be on the lookout for new and improved photos of Fenn. Hopefully no more washed out photos (like the one above) due to an unnecessary flash. I swear, those built-in flashes really know how to suck the life out of an otherwise good photo!
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago






3 comments:
You go girl! I love our Digital SLR - the only thing is, I take so many photos now (it's so easy) and I can't seem to pick the best, so I print out all of them and so now I'm going broke on albums! I LOVE the digital SLR! Online classes?? Do tell!!
That's great! I received my Digital SLR for Mother's Day, a couple of years ago. I've been wanting to take the photography class that CSU offers, but I haven't found the time!!! Please share the info about the online classes.
I'm so proud that you have a new camera and I'm confident you'll learn everything there is to know.
You've been into taking photos since you were a little girl. I'm
so glad you've had that interest, or, otherwise, we wouldn't have a
lot of photos to enjoy. I think
you have done an outstanding job
with the older cameras; so I can't
wait for more improved ones. I go
to your blog everyday to see what
is new. It gives me a sense of
being involved in Fenn's life even
though we are 5 hours away.
Post a Comment