Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fenn Surprises Us!

When we got back from the beach on Sunday afternoon (Sept. 21st), we put Fenn down on the floor to play. Almost immediately, he found his push toy and started doing this... (sorry for the blurry pics... but I had to snap them fast!)Seriously, he had not done this before we left for vacation. And we didn't have this kind of toy with us on vacation for him to practice. He had played with it a little before going on vacation. But the most I had done was stand him in front of it and help him push it a couple of times. He just grabbed the toy, stood up, and took off. It's only a matter of time before he starts walking. On this first time, he was a little wobbly and unsteady. But over the past couple of weeks, he has gotten better and better. And mommy and daddy are getting exhausted chasing him around. Oh, and he LOVES to walk while holding our fingers. And if we try to make him stop (and sit down) so we can rest our weary, 40ish, aching backs, he gets M-A-D. The boy just wants to walk!

Here are a few more pictures that I like, but am just getting around to posting. They're from three or four weeks back, but I wanted to include them on the blog. This first one is just one that I like... just because.For the next 2, Fenn was crawling down the hallway from his bedroom. He stopped to admire some photos of him that were leaning against the wall. He stared at them for a while. (I'm really bad... I have all these beautiful photos of him, and just haven't had the time to frame and hang them.)And the last photo is typical of him these days. He'll crawl to the front door and bang on it. If I come and open the door, he'll grab my fingers and proceed to walk me outside, down the steps, and down the sidewalk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what Fenn will get into when he can walk on his own! I love the candid shots that brings out his cute expressions. He is already a busy little one, just thinking of what he can do next. Just wait, there's plenty more to come! It's too bad this special time passes so quickly. Just cherish every moment.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails