Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Punkin at the Pumpkin Patch


On Sunday, we took Fenn to The Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch at Oakes Farm. It was a beautiful drive out there, and we couldn't have asked for a better fall day. We skipped the corn maze, but did the hayride out to the pumpkin patch where we got to select 2 pumpkins. Fenn rode in his wagon for the very first time. I don't think he quite knew what to think of it at first, but then he seemed to really like it. I think he liked going bumpity bump over the uneven terrain! Kind of like off-roading for little tikes! He didn't really cooperate on the picture taking part. He had just gotten up from a nap and seemed to be entranced by the pumpkins and other things around him (weeds, roots, etc.). Plus, it was early afternoon and the sun was pretty bright. He just did not want to look up at the camera. So I really didn't get any GREAT photos at the farm. After we picked our pumpkins, we went back to the farm area to walk around, give Fenn a bottle, and get a snack for us. I just had to try a deep fried twinkie. I had never had one before, and it seemed like the thing to do. Not bad, I must say. But I don't know if I'll ever get another one. They had some of those cheesy plywood photo stations, so we did a couple of those. Once Fenn had his bottle, he was pretty much over it all and ready to get a nap. He crashed almost immediately in the car and slept all the way home.


On Monday evening, we went to a nearby church's pumpkin patch to get a couple more pumpkins and to hopefully get some cute pictures of Fenn. This time, we hit jackpot on the pictures. He was alert and happy to look at the camera this time. I'm sure it helped that the sun wasn't shining in his eyes. Here are some of my favorites (including the first photo up at the top of the post)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The smiling pictures of Fenn depicts his personality, but some of the serious pictures taken at home also shows his intensity for focusing on an interesting object. For sure, the pictures later that afternoon were excellent; he looked like his usual happy self.....

Related Posts with Thumbnails