First of all, I wanted to share our good news. We got the results of the first trimester screening on Wednesday. Everything looks good. Our chances of having a baby with Down's Syndrome are 1 in 1,000 something and of having a baby with Trisomy-18 are 1 in 2,000 something (can't remember the exact numbers they gave us). As a reference point, it would be bad news if it were 1 in 350 (or less). And the average for someone my age is actually around 1 in 90 to have a Down's Syndrome baby. So this really was great news for us. These results were very similar to what we got with Fenn.
And because of these results, we will opt not to have any further testing such as amniocentesis.Speaking of our doctor's visit, our next visit is on Wednesday, December 17th. And then we go back two weeks later on Wednesday, December 31st for an ultrasound and to {hopefully} find out if this bean is a boy or a girl.
OK, now to the fun stuff about Fenn. Have I mentioned before that he loves to kiss??? The child will kiss pretty much anyone and anything at any time. They're great big open-mouthed, wet, juicy kisses. Oh, and occasionally he'll get in a little nibble on your lip.One of Fenn's favorite things to do is watch Petey eat. We don't know why, but he is fascinated with Petey's food bowl. Thankfully, he doesn't try to eat Petey's food any longer. But whenever he crawls by Petey's food dish, he stops to take a look inside, as if wondering where the food is and why Petey is not there eating. If Petey is there eating, he insists on sitting nearby to watch, and even occasionally goes over to pet Petey. We're having to be careful about this, though. Even though Petey has never shown any kind of food aggression toward us, you never know with a dog.
Fenn is so, so close to walking. He has gotten much better at walking while only holding one of your fingers. He'll stand for several seconds without holding onto anything, and will even take a few steps to get to another location nearby. We wonder if he'll be walking by the time he turns one on December 10th.
I don't think I have mentioned this. He loves blackberries and strawberries. If he sees them, he'll ignore anything else you're trying to feed to him and start grabbing for them.
We took him out for his first Mexican restaurant food last night. Yes, he's been to the mexican restaurant several times, but has never actually eaten the food. We got him a cheese quesadilla, rice, and refried beans. He loved it all, of course. He's definitely our child!
Last Saturday, Fenn started riding in his new car seat. He is now facing forward. We're a little early in switching him over, but he weighs enough now and his feet were kind of jammed up against the back seat. Plus, we have a long car trip coming up over the Thanksgiving holiday and wanted him to be comfortable. So far, he seems to like it. On that first ride, he was completely quiet and just looked around the whole time in amazement.I have a beef with my husband regarding the Auburn vs. Georgia game. We started off the game with Fenn wearing his AU t-shirt, with plans to change him into his UGa t-shirt at half-time. Fair, right? Well, after the 1st quarter... when Auburn seemed to be playing well, I might add... Fenn needed a diaper change and Dan volunteered.
I should have been suspicious about that! While changing his diaper, Fenn just happened to pee all over himself, meanwhile soaking his AU t-shirt. So we had to go ahead and change him into his UGa t-shirt a little early. And after that, the game seemed to go downhill from there... at least for my Auburn Tigers. So I am convinced that Dan somehow encouraged Fenn to pee all over his t-shirt.I found out something interesting about Fenn when I picked him up at daycare one day. I noticed one of the other kids was turning up a bottle or sippy cup and drinking from it. I made a comment about Fenn not doing that yet, and they said he holds his own bottle everyday and has been doing so since he moved over to the Creepers class at the end of September. They said he lies on his mat and drinks his bottle. Then when he's done, he tosses the bottle to the side, rolls over to his tummy, and goes to sleep. I'm like... "Well he never even tries to hold his bottle at home!" Yes, he'll put his hands on the bottle at night, but he doesn't try to take it from me when I'm feeding him. Maybe he just likes for mommy to do it at night.






No comments:
Post a Comment