Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quick Trip to Visit the Grandparents in Alabama

Over the weekend, we made a quick trip down to Lanett to visit my parents. They had not seen Fenn since his birthday party in early December, and if I didn't go now, they wouldn't see him again until Fenn's little brother is born in late May. He has already changed so much since they last saw him, so I knew they would be excited to see him. We got on the road around 9:00 a.m. on Friday (a minor miracle for me!). Thankfully, the trip went well and we didn't have any problems going down. I was a little gun shy after the last time I ventured out by myself with Fenn in June (see the Blog Archive section over in the right margin to find the post about that disastrous trip! It is the one titled "Chevy Chase Vacation: Part I" on July 10, 2008.). Now that he's older, I was able to feed him while driving which saved a lot of time. I handed cheese and chicken nuggets back to him! I think he loved it because he was doing something new. We made the trip in about 5 hours, which isn't bad when traveling with a toddler. I snapped the photo of him napping in the car while driving down. I just held up the camera in the middle of the car and shot a few frames. He was just so cute, so I couldn't pass it up.
We mostly just took it easy while in Lanett. I didn't call any friends while there (sorry!!!), but I knew it would go by fast and there really wouldn't be much time to go around visiting people. Plus, I didn't want Fenn to be in the car all weekend. The weather was really nice and warm, so we went to a nearby playground to play on the slide for a while. When we got home, I took off Fenn's pants, shoes, and socks and let him play with just a shirt and a diaper. He ran around on my parents' deck like that for a good 25 or 30 minutes. I think he was loving that freedom! I can't wait until summer.
Our trip back went well. Once again we made it home in about 5 hours. We had lots of fun visiting with G-ma and G-da. If you're wondering where Dan was, he stayed home to log some extra hours at work (it's tax season!) and to paint our family room. When we got home, it was all finished and looked so nice. If you don't know, back in December we decided to flip-flop our dining room and family room. The old dining room is 1 foot wider than the old family room, so it works out much better. We had to paint because the Tuscan Orange venetian plaster we had in our dining room just didn't work for the family room.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I can't wait to see the rooms switched. It will be nice having the window seat to hang out in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails