.jpg)
Give us your feedback on a name for Piperbean #2. I have posted a Name Poll over in the right-hand column of the blog, at the very top. Check out the names and vote on your favorite. We're not promising we'll use the most popular name. We're not even promising we'll use one of the names in the Name Poll. (Who knows... we may think of another name we like better between now and then.) But these are some of the names we've been thinking about for a while now. Here's why we picked these names...
:: William Boone - William is a common family name on both sides of our families. Boone is a name we just like. It is a French name meaning 'good'. It's unique like Fenn without being weird. We kind of feel that since Fenn has a unique, uncommon name, this baby should also have a unique name. One where there won't be 3 or 4 other kids with the same name in his class. Oh, and Boone was one of the original characters on the TV series 'Lost'. We would prefer for Boone to be the first name, but in this combination, it actually sounds better as the middle name.
:: Evan Joseph - Evan is a name we have liked for a while now. Fenn was actually almost an Evan. Evan is a popular name right now, but it's not in the "Top 10" so we're thinking there wouldn't be tons of Evans in his class. Evan is a Welsh name meaning 'young warrier'; it is a Welsh form of John (a common name on both sides of our families). Joseph is a family name on Dan's dad's side. Dan's dad is Joseph Bruce. It was also Dan's grandfather's name.
:: Owen Hume - Once again, Owen is a name we just like and while it's a popular name, it's not in the current Top 10. Owen is also a Welsh name meaning 'well-born'; it is also a Welsh form of John. Hume is a family name on Dan's mother's side. It is actually Dan's middle name (Dan Hume) and was his grandfather's name.
:: Liam Daniel - Liam (pronounced "LEE um") is also a name we both just like a lot. Liam is an Irish name meaning 'determined guardian' or 'resolute protector'; it is an Irish short form of William. Daniel is a way of incorporating Dan's name, even though Dan is not a Daniel. And it sounds good with Liam.
And just to remind you about Fenn's name (Fenn Peyton)... Fenn was Dan's mother's maiden name. Peyton was my great-grandfather's name on my mother's side.
And here's a photo of big 'ole pregnant me at 32 weeks... just because I don't like to do a post without a photo, and the only photos we have of Piperbean #2 are ultrasound photos. (It's a self-portrait, so it's not great.) And here's a cute photo I took the other day of Fenn over at the Baptist Church near our house. They have this really pretty area that is full of beautiful annuals every spring. I didn't get the great shots I wanted because I was doing it by myself and having to man the camera, chase Fenn around, try to get him to pose, etc. Hopefully, I can go back with Dan before all the flowers die off. I'll try to post a few more of these later.
:: William Boone - William is a common family name on both sides of our families. Boone is a name we just like. It is a French name meaning 'good'. It's unique like Fenn without being weird. We kind of feel that since Fenn has a unique, uncommon name, this baby should also have a unique name. One where there won't be 3 or 4 other kids with the same name in his class. Oh, and Boone was one of the original characters on the TV series 'Lost'. We would prefer for Boone to be the first name, but in this combination, it actually sounds better as the middle name.
:: Evan Joseph - Evan is a name we have liked for a while now. Fenn was actually almost an Evan. Evan is a popular name right now, but it's not in the "Top 10" so we're thinking there wouldn't be tons of Evans in his class. Evan is a Welsh name meaning 'young warrier'; it is a Welsh form of John (a common name on both sides of our families). Joseph is a family name on Dan's dad's side. Dan's dad is Joseph Bruce. It was also Dan's grandfather's name.
:: Owen Hume - Once again, Owen is a name we just like and while it's a popular name, it's not in the current Top 10. Owen is also a Welsh name meaning 'well-born'; it is also a Welsh form of John. Hume is a family name on Dan's mother's side. It is actually Dan's middle name (Dan Hume) and was his grandfather's name.
:: Liam Daniel - Liam (pronounced "LEE um") is also a name we both just like a lot. Liam is an Irish name meaning 'determined guardian' or 'resolute protector'; it is an Irish short form of William. Daniel is a way of incorporating Dan's name, even though Dan is not a Daniel. And it sounds good with Liam.
And just to remind you about Fenn's name (Fenn Peyton)... Fenn was Dan's mother's maiden name. Peyton was my great-grandfather's name on my mother's side.
And here's a photo of big 'ole pregnant me at 32 weeks... just because I don't like to do a post without a photo, and the only photos we have of Piperbean #2 are ultrasound photos. (It's a self-portrait, so it's not great.) And here's a cute photo I took the other day of Fenn over at the Baptist Church near our house. They have this really pretty area that is full of beautiful annuals every spring. I didn't get the great shots I wanted because I was doing it by myself and having to man the camera, chase Fenn around, try to get him to pose, etc. Hopefully, I can go back with Dan before all the flowers die off. I'll try to post a few more of these later.






1 comment:
Hi Beth,
Was just checking in to see what's been happening since our Photographers' Workshop ended in January.
I hope all is well with the babies!
I love the name Boone! Since your hubby's Daniel. Why not name him Daniel Boone Piper! LOVE IT!
My hubbys name is Dan and I named our son Louis Daniel, he was so excited when I blurted that out at the last minute for his middle name!
Best of luck with your last few weeks.
Post a Comment