We officially started potty training this morning. By that, I mean we are giving it a serious go this time. In the past, we have played around with it, but just haven't had time to get serious. And Fenn has shown a certain level of readiness for quite a while now. So yesterday, I went to Target and bought 4 packs of underwear, 7 per pack, in all kinds of fun little boy designs. I figured that would give us enough pairs to get started. I got them all washed and we were ready to get started this morning.
We waited until after breakfast to put a pair of underwear on Fenn. At first, he was resistant and kept saying he wanted his diaper. But once he got them on, he was fine. I put his pj bottoms back on over his underwear. Then I left him to watch TV while I was doing something in the kitchen. A little while later, I heard Fenn say "uh oh, mommy! I go pee pee." and then he came running toward me. Sure enough, he had peed in his pants. I actually think that's a good thing, though, because he needs to know what it feels like to have wet pants. I cleaned him up, put on a new pair of underwear (pair #2 for the day), and cleaned up the floor.
We knew he was due for a poopy, so we kept telling him to be sure and tell us when he felt like he needed to go. A little while later, he told us. So we pulled down his underwear and sat him on the potty in front of the TV. A few minutes later, he came running into the kitchen saying, "I poopied in the potty!". We ran into the family room to check, and he had! Yay! Progress!
After that, Dan took the boys outside to play in the backyard for a while. He just took Fenn out in a t-shirt, pair of underwear, and his Crocs shoes. While they were outside, Fenn peed in the bushes for the first time. Yay! More progress!
Then it was time for lunch and naps. We put a pull-up diaper on Fenn for his nap, though. But we made it past lunchtime with only 1 accident and only 1 underwear change. Yay, Fenn!!!
Style Showcase 368
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment