Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boone's 12-Month Visit to the Pediatrician

I've been meaning to get around to doing this post about Boone for a while now.  I'm actually about a month late.  He went to the pediatrician on June 2nd for his 12-month visit.

These are his stats at 54 1/2 weeks (or 12 months) old:
Weight:  23 lbs. 6.5 oz. (55th %)
Height:  30.625" (70th %)
Head:  46.6 cm (52nd %)

Compare this to his stats at 40 weeks (or 9 months) old:
Weight:  21 lbs 7.5 oz. (65th %)
Height:  28.75" (67th %)
Head:  45 cm (41st %)

And a few things about Boone I don't think I have mentioned before:
.: He sometimes sleeps with his eyes partially open.
.: He makes a smacking noise when he wants milk.
.: He loves to carry around the plastic golf clubs he got for his birthday.  He'll walk all over the house holding on to one of them.  Future pro golfer???
.: He has mastered the skill of using his feet to push himself around the house on the Mickey Mouse ride-on toy.
.: He can climb a 2-step step ladder in the blink of an eye.  Thankfully, we discovered him before he had a chance to fall.  But he was standing proudly at the top with a smile on his face when his daddy noticed him.
.: At some point over the last couple of months, he started waving to say "Hi" and "Bye Bye".  I thought I had written it down somewhere, but apparently I didn't.
.: On March 20th, he started clapping his hands.
.: He got 4 new teeth over the course of about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.  He got his upper right central incisor on May 12th (my birthday), his lower left lateral incisor on May 21st (Dan's birthday), his upper left central incisor on May 25th (our anniversary), and his lower right lateral incisor on May 28th.  That's a lot of teeth in a short amount of time.  And we actually survived it.
.: On May 31st, he climbed up the stairs from the basement to the main floor all by himself.  Of course, I was right behind him in case he started to fall.
.: I think he is very close to learning to blow kisses. 
.: And he is trying so hard to use some real words.  I think maybe his first word(s) will be 'da da' and/or 'dog'.  He's definitely a little bit of a daddy's boy here lately.  And he loves his Petey.  {He actually makes the 'da da' sound, but he hasn't really started affiliating it with his daddy.}
.: If you ask him a question, he'll sometimes answer either 'yes' or 'no' by nodding his head accordingly.
.: He has finally decided that he likes to read books.  Before, he wouldn't sit still while we read a book to him.  He would constantly grab for the book.  But now he'll actually listen and point to things on the pages.
.: He loves to give kisses.
.: He loves to dump out the plastic container of wooden blocks, shuffle them around with his hands, and then walk away.  It's all about making as much of a mess as possible.
.: He is doing so great with his eating and we're discovering more and more stuff he likes everyday (e.g., green peas, flour tortillas, and cheese).
.: And he has quite the temper!  One example:  The assistant director at his school told me this story... She loves Boone and he loves her.  Sometimes she visits his classroom during the day.  One day she went in and saw Boone playing across the room.  But she headed over to pick up an infant and didn't notice him walking toward her.  So when she picked up the baby without acknowledging him, he pitched a little hissy fit.  She ended up having to hold the infant on one knee and Boone on the other knee.  She has multiple stories like that.

I'm sure there's tons more stuff I'll think of later, but that's what comes to mind right now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails