Once again, I am WAY behind on blogging. I don't know what happens. How do I let myself get so far behind? Boone's 15-month check-up was on August 25th, and here it is October 13th when I'm doing this blog post. {If you notice the date for the post, it is an
August date, but that's just so I can keep my blog in some kind of chronological order.} I have actually been working on this post for a while now, jotting down little things about Boone as I think about them. So some of these things he might not have been doing at 15 months yet. He may have actually started doing them between 15 and 17 months. But I wanted to remember as many little things about him as possible. I'm sad there are some things he does that I can't think of right now.
The pictures I'm interspersing in this post were all taken at the end of August. I was specifically trying to capture the expression he makes (see the last photo at the bottom of the post) when he doesn't like something you've said to him. He made the face once and I had to snap the photo really quickly without adjusting my camera settings. So unfortunately, it is out of focus. I tried, unsuccessfully, to get him to do it again. He wouldn't, but I got some other really cute expressions in the process.
So here are a few things about Boone:
.: When we're saying the blessing at dinner, he says "Ahhhh mmmmm" {That's "Amen!"} That's one of his first 4 words.
.: So, his first 4 words are 'ma ma', 'da da', 'uhht ohhh', and 'ahhhh mmmm'.
.: I'm worried he might think he's a dog, because he sure does like to sit on Petey's bed. It has gotten to the point where if Petey sees him coming, he'll just get up and move out of the way because he knows Boone is going to sit down on his bed.
.: He really loves Petey.
.: He can climb up on the sofa, dining room chair, Fenn's bed, and our bed without a problem.
.: He has totally been in a 'daddy' mood for the last 2 or 3 months.
.: As of the real date that I'm doing this post, he has 11 teeth now.
.: Despite the delay in starting to eat real food (vs. baby food), he has turned out to be a pretty good eater. He will now eat pretty much anything. The other night, he even ate some of my salad. And he kept reaching out for more.
.: We have one of those plastic slides in the playroom. He can climb up the ladder and sit down on the top without a problem. But for some reason, he always hesitates to let go and slide down.
.: He loves to give open-mouthed, wet, sloppy kisses. And you have to be careful because he'll bite down sometimes.
.: He likes to show you his belly button.
.: Did I say how much of a daddy's boy he is??? That's a hard thing for mommy to accept, especially when it has lasted for so long.
.: Over the last month or so, he and Fenn have started REALLY playing together. They like to chase each other around the house on their ride-on toys. And it gives mommy and daddy a little break sometimes.
.: He can whistle. I'm serious! I really need to get it on video because no one will believe me. It's not a great whistle, but he knows what we mean when we tell him to whistle and he does make a whistling sound.
.: He seems to be very mechanically-inclined. He analyzes things like he's trying to figure out how they work, how they're put together, etc. I know it's normal for babies to be curious, but the way he does it seems to be a little more in-depth.
.: Right now, he favors his right hand. In comparison, Fenn always favored his left hand, and still does.
.: He likes to play with the little kitchen set I bought at a consignment sale. He'll get a cup and a spoon and pretend like he's eating. He'll put the spoon in his mouth and then say "Mmmmmmm" as he pulls the spoon out of his mouth.
These are his stats at 15 months old:
Weight: 24 lbs. 9 oz. (49th %)
Height: 31 5/8" (63rd %)
Head: 47.3 cm (52nd %)
Compare this to his stats at 12 months old:
Weight: 23 lbs. 6.5 oz. (55th %)
Height: 30.625" (70th %)
Head: 46.6 cm (52nd %)
I still think it is funny how people always look at my kids and say, "Wow! He's big for his age." But when you look at Fenn's stats or Boone's stats, they're always just slightly above the 50th percentile for their ages. Certainly never anywhere close to the 100th percentile. They're pretty much average in size.
And this is THE face. He doesn't do it quite as much now. But I'm glad I captured it, even if it is out of focus. If you told him "No" or said anything he didn't like, he would give you this face and let you know exactly how he felt.
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago












No comments:
Post a Comment