Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Double Four Daddy

Daddy turned 44 today! We started off the day by treating Daddy to a cinnamon crunch bagel with hazelnut cream cheese from Panera. Since it was a work day, he had to eat and run. I let him take the "good" car and I drove my old '96 Explorer. After I dropped Fenn at daycare, I stopped off to see about having the Explorer detailed. And when I say detailed, I mean DETAILED.... the car was naaaasty! With 180,000 miles on it, let's just say it has been through a lot. It's the dog hauling, furniture moving, taking construction debris to the dump vehicle. And poor Daddy drives it to work everyday. Not the most professional look! The car wash is only a mile or so from the house, so I walked home. I had to be a pretty strange sight... woman walking in "workout" attire, carrying a purse and a car seat base. I couldn't leave the base in the car while at the car wash, so I had to take it with me. When I walked back a couple of hours later, at least I was able to leave it at home. Later, I met Dan and his business partner, Betty Kay, for a birthday lunch. That evening, Daddy decided he wanted to go to Five Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner. Great burgers and fries! Then we stopped at Baskin Robbins for some dessert. The rest of the evening was spent opening presents and watching the finale of American Idol. HOORAY!!!!! David Cook won! Daddy got some running socks, a hat for working in the yard, a shirt, and a cordless drill. (Mommy kind of wanted the drill, too!) I think Fenn's favorite part of the night was the tissue paper!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails