skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Mommy's First Mother's Day
Well, finally I'm a mommy and get to participate in this member's only club. This was my first Mother's Day... and I'm turning 40 tomorrow. (I was actually born on Mother's Day.) Boy, what a day! Daddy let mommy sleep in ~ which he usually does on the weekends anyway because he's an early riser and mommy is not. I awoke to Daddy and Fenn bringing apple cinnamon muffins and coffee to me in bed. Before I could even get out of bed to pee, brush my teeth, wash my face, or even comb my hair,
they were giving me presents and taking pictures! I can't believe I'm putting this picture on here, but once I looked at it I decided it wasn't really that bad. At least I didn't have a big crease across my face from sleeping on my pillow. Oh, but notice the strategic placement of Fenn and the present!
I got some great presents... a new gown and matching robe from Boden catalog (one of my favorite clothing catalogs), and a 'pink delight' Butterfly Bush for our front landscape. Pretty good for a first Mother's Day. Of course the best gift of all is Fenn. Can I just say again how blessed we are to have such a beautiful child? He is always so happy and easy. We keep wondering what we ever did to
deserve such a wonderful child. After opening presents and finishing breakfast, we got ready for Church. And after that, we went out for a Mother's Day brunch. Fenn slept through most of the sermon and, of course, charmed the staff at the restaurant. Once we got home, we took photos beside the Sugar Maple I received last year for
Mother's Day (since I was pregnant with Fenn at the time). We decided we would start a traditon of taking photos of the kids beside this tree every year so we can see how much the kids and the tree grow each year. Check out that close up of Fenn drooling... I thought it was kind of cute. The rest of the day was spent cleaning the house (I know... I shouldn't have been working since it was Mother's Day) because some friends were coming into town on Wednesday night and we are hosting a neighborhood lawn social (Front Yard Fridays) on Friday night.
We finished off the evening watching Desperate Housewives. The last photo is kind of funny. We had the camera on a tripod; Dan set the timer and quickly got in place for the photo. It was really windy that d
ay, so the camera fell over and the photo snapped at about the time that Dan was getting there to pick up the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment