skip to main |
skip to sidebar
More Squash Please!
The time has come for Fenn to venture into the world of "variety". He is no longer limited to just formula and rice cereal. He's been eating rice cereal in the evenings since April 19th.... so for a little over a month now. It's Monday night (Memorial Day). First on the menu: Squash! We chose squash because our pediatrician recommended starting with a "yellow" vegetable first... something not too sweet and something that doesn't have a really strong "green" taste like green beans. He took the first bite... pause.... serious look... hmmm... smack, smack... what's that taste?...okay... swallow... next. It continued to go about like that. He would take the bite, think about it, have a brief moment of "serious face", and then swallow.
The funniest part was after about 5 or 6 bites, he took a bite... paused... grimaced... and did the upper body "heebie jeebie" quiver. It was very subtle, but it was definitely there. I wish now I had gotten it on video, but we chose to only take pictures this time ~ not wanting to be labeled one of "those" parents who videos every single moment. (Instead, I choose to blog about every single moment... but I digress). We repeated this on Tuesday night with similar results. He seems to like squash so far. We'll wait a little while to make sure he doesn't have any reactions, then we'll try something else. Also, it's about time to start feeding him cereal and such in the mornings, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment