Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Do Not Like Them Here or There

I do not like them anywhere. We found out Fenn does NOT like Turkey and Turkey Broth. Since they had it available in the "first foods", we decided to give meat a try. Oh goodness... Poor little guy. He gagged... he harked like a cat trying to cough up a hair ball... and he did the "heebie jeebie" body quake. It reminded me of my college roommate, April, whenever it was her turn to clean out the litter box for our 3 cats. (Sorry we made you do that, April!) So... lesson learned. We won't be trying meats anymore for a while. And what's up with the baby food companies making that stuff? Have you tried it? I decided to try it (figured it was the least I could do after traumatizing my child with it) and it tasted like cat food. No wonder he gagged.

He is a very good eater, though. He has liked everything else we've given him. So far, he has had squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, pears, green beans, apple sauce, sweet green peas, the dreaded turkey & turkey broth, peaches, and prunes (in that order). 10 out of 11 is great!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...that made me laugh so hard. I can see it now. That stuff is totally disgusting. All the baby food meat stuff in gnarly. I think we either mixed a little bit in with veggies that our guys liked or just pureed the real deal when we cooked. Too funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails