If you haven't already read Parts I and II about our vacation, be sure to scroll down and read those first. The first pictures were taken on Sunday morning. Fenn was playing peek-a-boo with us. I am still in awe of this child for being able to act so happy while obviously not feeling well. I know I am prejudiced, but he is such a good baby.
On Monday morning, we met Dan's aunt Peggy and cousin Susan for breakfast. They were in town from Michigan and Pennsylvania. I had never met them before, so it was really nice. And it was nice that Fenn got to meet them, too. I think Fenn charmed
them, as he does everyone he meets. They were staying down the road at Arapahoe Ranch, but used to spend most summers at the cabin before Dan's grandmother passed away 4 years ago.
Afterward, we had hoped the weather would hold out so we could get in a short hike. But, once again, it was really cloudy in the direction of the mountains and we didn't want to risk getting caught in a storm with Fenn. So, we went back to Boulder to Flagstaff Mountain. Flagstaff Mountain is just west of downtown Boulder.
It has panoramic views of the city and plains, mountain views, and an amphitheater. There we could get some photos with nice views and walk on some short trails... and not get too far away from the car. And in case we didn't get to go on a real hike, we would at least have some photos with mountain views! We needed something to prove we actually went on vacation! It turned out to be a lot of fun, and we did get a little rain. First, we went to a rocky bluff with some awesome views where we had gotten some great photos 2 years ago. Then we found the amphitheater which overlooks Boulder.
After that, we found a nice self-guided nature trail and Fenn seemed to really enjoy it. Check out some of the sweet photos of him on the trail. He learned about different textures (tree bark, pine needles, wild grasses, and some HUGE "puff ball, blow in the wind" dandelion thingys). I'm going to post a slideshow so you can see more of our pictures. There are just too many to include individually in my posts.






No comments:
Post a Comment