Fenn was baptized on Sunday. It was a big weekend for him, and he had lots of family here. His G-ma and G-da drove up from Alabama. His Grammy and Poppy drove up from north Georgia. And his Aunt Debbie and cousin Sydney drove over from North Carolina. We had him baptized at the 9:40 a.m. service. It might not have been the smartest move since he normally gets a bottle and goes down for a nap around 10:00. We gave him his bottle at 9:00 before heading to church and thought he might take a cat nap on the way. He didn't, of course! But even though he was sleepy, he never got fussy. He loved all the music for the first 20 minutes or so. Then it was time to get sprinkled. He was so sweet and still never got fussy, even when Micah (1 of 3 pastors at our very large church) took him and walked around the sanctuary with him. He was so cute looking at Micah. Afterward, I think he fell asleep in daddy's lap within 5 or 10 minutes of the ceremony... and he slept until church was over.
After church, everyone came back to the house for a big lunch. We cheated and got ham and a couple of sides from the Honey Baked Ham store. G-ma and G-da were staying until Monday morning, but everyone else headed out shortly after lunch. Daddy had to go into work that afternoon... and the rest of us took naps! Thanks so much to everyone who came. I know it will mean a lot to Fenn someday. Next big occasion will be Fenn's first birthday. We'll have even more family here that weekend.
I'm doing this post in a hurry tonight because we're trying to get packed to go to the beach in the morning. So I'm not posting many pictures. Maybe I'll come back and post a few more. I just wanted to get this post out here before going out of town so I wouldn't be so far behind when we get back.






2 comments:
Even though Fenn was so sleepy, he was such an angel in church. It was a beautiful church with the most talented musicians I've ever seen in one church. There was a conductor and a complete orchestra. Instead of a quartet, there were "3 4Thee" singers who delivered a message through their singing. Bobby bought a CD called "Seed of Faith" that I'm anxious to listen to and will visit their website "myspace.com/34three ministry." I'm proud that Fenn will have a church that is growing with a lot of young people coming along to enjoy activities of the youth. I'm glad we were able to be there.....
I didn't mean to hit the "anonymous key" when I left the other comment.
Post a Comment