Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fenn at Ten Months Old

This is Fenn at Ten Months. This is the tenth installment in the "12-month onesie" series. (Don't forget, you can click on the "12-month onesie photos" link to the right to see all of the monthly photos.) I have quite a few stories to tell about the new things Fenn is doing now. First of all, I have to mention he has ALL 8 of his first teeth (upper and lower central & lateral incisors). AND he is working on BOTH of his lower first molars. Both gums are really swollen, and his pediatrician could actually see the left one under the gum on Monday. We barely even noticed those first 8 teeth coming in. But he's having a tough time with the molars... and so are mommy and daddy.

Fenn is very much into tossing, crashing, dumping, and banging his toys around. I suppose that's a boy thing. Or, do all kids this age do that? He is getting better and better at walking with assistance. And he's even getting more brave about letting go and reaching for something else to hold onto. If we don't watch him very closely at all times, we have discovered that some interesting things end up in his mouth. On more than one occasion, we have caught him chewing on one of our flip flops. Ewww! And the other day I found him near Petey's food bowl... and he had a piece of dog food in his mouth. Nice! The bowl was actually empty, but he found a leftover piece on the floor.

And I have to mention I'm a little worried about what his future career aspirations will be. It seems he is a bit of an exhibitionist. When I am changing his diaper, I'll undo the velcro tabs but leave the diaper in place (as a precaution against getting sprayed) while I grab a wipe. Now think about this... Chippendale dancers and "break-away" pants. Fenn will reach between his legs, grab the diaper, and yank it out from underneath him... and then toss it to the side. Hmmm..... we'll have to work on putting a stop to that.

He had his 9-month pediatrician visit a couple of weeks ago.

These are his stats at 41 weeks:

Weight: 21 lbs. 14 oz. (67th %)
Length: 28.25" (44th %)
Head: 46.4 cm (77th %)

Compare this to his stats at 26 weeks old:

Weight: 19 lbs. 1 oz. (77th %)
Length: 27" (71st %)
Head: 44 cm (57th %)
Oh, and on a different topic, I have to tell about what happened to me yesterday. I was taking Fenn for a walk (trying to keep him occupied). We were only about a block or so away from the house, on another street.... where what did I see??? An older gentleman (think of Hume Cronyn in the movie Cocoon), possibly in his eighties, was standing on the front porch of his house wearing absolutely nothing but a white towel wrapped around his waist. And he apparently wasn't concerned about me walking by, because he just stood there in all his naked glory (well, naked plus a towel).

2 comments:

Nicole said...

oh lord, you'll have to tell me what street to avoid now!

Anonymous said...

I have too many items Fenn could reach and they are breakable. I'll need to (for the first time in years) baby-proof my house before his next visit; but very glad to do it! It has been years since my other grandchildren were toddlers and I've accumulated a lot more items since that time. I can already imagine Fenn throwing them down......

Related Posts with Thumbnails