
I think the pictures are self-explanatory! 10 Weeks and counting! We're really excited. We've known for a while now... I actually got really, really, really faint lines on 2 different pregnancy tests on Thursday, September 4th... just 10 days after ovulation. (Sorry if that's too much information!) I didn't mention it to Dan and took another test on Friday morning (secretly while he was getting ready for work). I called my doctor and made an appointment for that morning at 10:30. Yep! They confirmed it. At this point, I was only about 3 weeks pregnant. I picked up Fenn at daycare that afternoon and then went looking for an "I'm the big brother" t-shirt for him. The smallest one I could find was a 2T. Funny, I don't think we're the only people to have babies that will be 17 months apart. You'd think they would offer a smaller size. So, I had to improvise. I took one of his 12-month onesies, some permanent magic markers, and Wa-La!... a custom (& a little pathetic) "I'm the Big Brother!" t-shirt. When daddy walked in from work, I was sitting on the floor holding Fenn in a standing position so daddy could see his t-shirt. And of course, daddy was pretty darned excited! I'm obviously a Fertile Myrtle, because this is the 4th time we've gotten pregnant in the 2nd month we were trying. We've already had 2 ultrasounds ~ one at 7 weeks and one just this morning (at 10 weeks). Strong heartbeat. He/she was moving a lot during this morning's ultrasound. We could see the fingers pretty clearly, and could see he/she kicking those legs. Looks like we're due around May 19th. Since I'll be induced again, we'll do our best to pick a day that does NOT fall on a family member's birthday, anniversary, etc. We want this baby to have their own special day.
I'll try to post some ultrasound pictures next week. These photos were taken back on September 5th and were ready to upload. I'll have to scan some of the ultrasound pics. I'm off to Waynesville, NC for my annual Cabin Divas trip with my very good friends whom I used to work with in West Point, GA. I think this is our 11th year going. Pray for me that I'll do okay being away from Fenn for the first time ever. I know he and Dan will be fine for a few days without me. And I know it will be good for me to get away.






2 comments:
I'm excited to have another little grandchild! I hope you and Dan can handle two so close together. However, it will be nice for them to be so close. I was an only child when my brother and sister came along 16 months apart and it took all of us to keep up with them. One day they broke 5 dozen eggs and were playing in them. You will have a lot to blog, but finding the time is another story..
Congratulations Beth and Dan! I know you're so happy.
Post a Comment