Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Saying Goodbye to Aunt Angie

Well, today we had to say goodbye to Aunt Angie. She had been here for almost a week and needed to get back to her own family. We already miss her. I believe I can speak for both Dan and me and say that we really weren't ready for her to leave. It was so nice to have her here, and she was a huge help in ways we didn't even have planned. Our main intention was for her to take care of Fenn while we were at the hospital ~ bathe him, feed him, play with him, get him to bed, take him to school, bring him to the hospital, love & comfort him, and keep him safe. Not only did she do all of that, but she also cooked for us and even did some cleaning. Angie has always had this ability to get into someone's kitchen or home, even one she's not completely familiar with, and just blend in and get things done. I wish I were more like that. When I'm at someone else's home, I don't know what to do in their kitchen because I don't know where they keep things, how they like things done, etc. I just don't seem to know how to function. Anyway, we really enjoyed having her here and are so grateful she was willing to come and help us. Fenn loved his time getting to know his Aunt Angie better and I know he misses her. We look forward to our trip down to Rincon in September. Thanks again, Angie, for helping us. And thanks to my big brother, Todd, and our nephews, Seth and Jesse, for letting us borrow her for a few days. I know you all missed her.In this last photo, I was quickly trying to catch a sweet moment at the airport, but for some reason my camera focused on the background instead of on Angie and Fenn. Oh well, you can still see what's going on.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

Angie gave the ultimate gift; herself. She has the ability to not only function well in other people's kitchen, but can cook a great meal while there. I ate a great meal cooked by Angie the last night I was in Knoxville. It was so....good! Not only did Beth and Dan know Fenn was in good hands, I did - also! She filled the role I should have as a grandmother; but this grandmother is much older and not as healthy as I was, even when Fenn was born.

Related Posts with Thumbnails