Thursday, August 20, 2009

Much Ado About Boone


Look up 'boon' in the dictionary and this is what you get:

boon /bun/ - noun
1. something to be thankful for; blessing; benefit.
2. something that is asked; a favor sought.

boon (bōōn) - noun
1. A benefit bestowed, especially one bestowed in response to a request.
2. A timely blessing or benefit: A brisk breeze is a boon to sailors.
[Middle English bone, from Old Norse bōn, prayer; see bhā-2 in Indo-European roots.]

Could his name be any more perfect for him? He truly is a blessing to us. Both of our boys are blessings and miracles to us, something we had both hoped and prayed for but thought (for a while) we might not ever have. We cannot believe how blessed we are to have our family complete.
Here are a few sweet photos of Boone I wanted to be sure and get on here. I actually took the first two in July. The first one (at the top) is one of my all-time favorite photos ever. Just something about that sweet little face, the lighting, and the composition that I love. The second one was taken during the same 'session' as the first. I think he was looking up at his daddy. The last photo was taken at school a couple of weeks ago. I walked in and found him in the activity bouncer disc thingy. That was the first time I had seen him sitting up in something like that because we had not tried doing that at home yet. Look at how strong he is. He wasn't quite 3 months in this photo, but was doing a great job of holding his head up. Since then, we've been sitting him up more at home and I have turned him around to face outward in the Baby Bjorn carrier. He loves that! And he has a really strong grip. He likes to grab onto my hair and his pacifier clip. Once he gets hold of something, it is really hard to get it away from that death grip! Oh, and check out those eyebrows in the last photo. I think he gets that expression from his daddy. That's what he does when he's being serious and really concentrating on something. Like right here, he's probably wondering why mommy always has this big black thing {the camera} up in front of her face.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails