Tuesday, August 18, 2009

One Last Kiss

Last week, I found out that Fenn's classmate, Anabelle, was moving to another school the following week. Her family had moved to a new house and because of that, one of her brothers was going to be in a new school. Fenn's school does not provide after school pick-up at that school, so her brother would be going to a different after school program. And it didn't make sense to the family to have their kids at two different schools (daycares). So the solution was to move Anabelle.

You might remember Anabelle from this post back in December. Anabelle had become Fenn's "love interest" at school. I think since then they've had an on again-off again relationship... but mostly "on". Anabelle has always been so sweet and friendly. She would come up to me everyday and greet me. And once Boone was born, she immediately learned his name and would say "Boone" and "baby" every afternoon when we would walk into Fenn's classroom. And when Fenn's Aunt Angie took care of him in May when Boone was born, Anabelle developed an attachment to Angie and would go over each day and want Angie to pick her up.

I decided I wanted to get some photos of Anabelle so we could remember her. Even though they'll end up at different high schools when they're older, you never know if they might run into each other at a football game, school function, etc. Plus, I want to photograph as many of Fenn's classmates as possible through the years because I wish I had more photos of friends from my earlier elementary school years. I have the memories, but the photos would be nice. So anyway, I got there and pulled out my camera. I told Anabelle to give Fenn a kiss and this is what I got. Look at the grip Anabelle has on Fenn's head.This next one is priceless and completely hysterical to me. Look at the expression on Fenn's face. {I sure do wish this one was in better focus!}Goodbye, Anabelle. We hope we'll see you again one day. We miss you. 08/24/2009 UPDATE: I just found out today that Anabelle is coming back on Monday. Apparently, she has been very unhappy at her new school and has been crying a lot. So her parents decided to let her go back to her old school where she was happy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails