Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's a Busy Life!

We've been really busy around here lately (what's new?). Actually we have been even busier than normal because we've been trying to get our house ready to sell. And that task is almost impossible to accomplish with two babies in the house! It's not just a matter of cleaning up, de-cluttering, and staging the house for us. We've also had to finish up several unfinished projects from the last 2 or 3 years. We've had a painter, a plumber, electricians, and a landscape guy here. One day, they all even showed up on the same day.We're still not ready, but we had to go ahead and at least put the sign out last night. We've had a contingent contract on another house in our neighborhood for about a month now, so we don't want to anger the owner's by not keeping up with our end of the bargain. The house is about 20 years newer than our's, about 1,000 square feet larger, and most importantly has fewer projects so we'll have more time to focus on spending time with Fenn and Boone. And, it is still in the neighborhood we love.Because I've been so busy working on the house whenever I have a spare moment, I have fallen behind on blogging. So I thought I would just do a quick post about Boone with some recent photos of him. We're seeing more and more of what his personality is going to be like. He's mostly laid back like Fenn, but does have a little shorter fuse. If you put him down when he wants you to hold him, he lets you know in no uncertain terms. He has discovered his hands and chews and sucks on them all the time (see photo above). He has also started drooling, which leads me to believe he has started teething. He enjoys sitting up (assisted, of course) so he can see the world from a new perspective... not just looking up at everything any longer. He sleeps completely through the night most of the time. We'll put him down between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. and he sleeps until anywhere from 6:00 to 7:00 a.m. If he does wake up during the night or earlier than 6:00, we can usually just give him his pacifier and he'll go back to sleep. And I don't think it will be too long before he is able to find his pacifier on his own and put it back in his mouth. He's pretty good with his hands. I like this last photo because it shows one of his many expressions. He has such an expressive face. Oh, and notice the drool on his chin.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails