This is Boone at Six Months. This is the sixth installment in the "12-month onesie" series. He turned 6 months on the 15th, but I decided to wait and do the post this week so I could include the stats from his 6-month check-up today.
These are his stats at 27 weeks (or 6 months) old:
Weight: 18 lbs. 2 oz. (58th %)
Height: 27.25" (74th %)
Head: 43.6 cm (42nd %)
Compare this to his stats at 18 weeks (or 4 months) old:
Weight: 15 lbs. 11.5 oz. (61st %)
Height: 25.5" (65th %)
Head: 41.5 cm (26th %)
Boone has changed a lot over the last month. Still no teeth, but he continues to drool like crazy and keeps his fingers or whatever else he can get hold of in his mouth most of the time. And he loves it when I rub his gums. Something that I think is kind of funny is when I'm changing his diaper and wiping him off with a diaper wipe, he gives me the biggest grin. I guess he just likes how it feels. He's been rolling over both from tummy to back and from back to tummy for the last couple of weeks. And he has even been rolling over and sleeping on his tummy some at night. Just like with Fenn, it worries me a little, but I'm still letting him do it. Of course, I do check on him every single time that I wake up at night. He actually started rolling over in his crib a couple of months sooner than Fenn. By the time Fenn started doing it, he was already really good at rolling himself back over to his back. But Boone still hasn't perfected the skill of rolling back over to his back. He starts screaming if he can't get back over.
Another big change for Boone is that he is sitting up now. He had started "tripoding" just a couple of weeks ago. And when sitting up, he would lean forward and then could straighten himself back up pretty good. But he wasn't really sitting up for any length of time without assistance. But then last Friday, we took him for his 6-month photo session and he surprised us. We wanted to get some sitting up photos, but figured we would have to keep our hands within a few inches of him to catch him when he started to fall. We just knew Rebekah would have to snap a picture or two quickly and then we would have to grab him. But instead, he sat up for pretty long periods without us having to help him. He is still pretty wobbly, and he does much better with the Boppy pillow behind him because it gives him something soft to land on if he leans back and falls. But we are amazed at how quickly he went from not being able to sit up to being able to sit up for as long as 30 or 40 seconds without falling over. Another thing he is doing is that when he is on his tummy, he pulls his knees up under him and then pushes off with his feet. He's showing quite a bit of strength when doing that. And that is what he usually does to get himself to roll over from his tummy to his back. It makes me wonder if he'll start crawling pretty soon.
In the last two or three days, he has started talking more. He's doing the "bah bah bah bah bah" thing, with a very exaggerated mouth movement. It is kind of funny looking because it reminds me of someone trying to talk without their artificial teeth. And over the weekend, we pulled out the "Johnny Jump Up" and put him in it for the first time. He loves it and quickly figured out how to make himself bounce up and down. And last but not least, he officially has his first ear infection right now. We found out when we took him to the doctor today for his 6-month check up. His doctor and I were both completely surprised about this finding. Other than being sick the prior weekend with a virus (that's another story!), he has been acting fine. We certainly never would have guessed that he had an ear infection. But when his doctor looked in his left ear, there it was... bright, bright red.
The "other story" I'm referring to above is that last weekend, we were heading to Birmingham for my brother's wedding. On Thursday I picked up Boone at school and he felt really hot to me. I checked his temperature when I got him home and it was over 102 degrees. The next morning, we were packing to leave and kept checking his temperature periodically. Around 12:30 p.m. and only about an hour from getting on the road, we checked and it was 104.3. We got him in to see his doctor around 2:00 and were told it was just a virus that had to run its course. No reason to cancel our trip. So we got on the road a lot later than we had planned. He ran a fever the entire weekend and because of me being sick myself, and then worrying about Boone, and having him sleep with me each night, I was completely exhausted. I didn't take the first picture at the wedding. I didn't even take my camera into the church. I am so disappointed about that. I had been looking forward to the weekend for a few months and had planned to take lots of pictures. Instead, I only took a few pictures of Fenn at the park and of Boone in the bathtub. They had a photographer at the wedding and we got a family photo taken. So I'm looking forward to seeing the proofs from the wedding and reception soon. Congratulations to Greg and Tanya! And welcome to the family, Tanya and Polly! We now have another niece.
You can see all of Boone's 12-month onesie photos by looking over in the right-hand column of the blog under "More Photos of Fenn and Boone" and clicking on the link to "Boone's 12-Month Onesie Photos".
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment