Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fenn is 23 Months Old!


In honor of Fenn turning 23 months old at 6:19 p.m. today, I thought I should do a post that is "all about Fenn".  I have actually been meaning to do this post for a while now, but haven't been able to fit it in.  He has changed so much since Boone was born almost 6 months ago, and we are so very proud of him.  He continues to amaze us each and every day.  And he is such a good big brother to Boone.  He is always kissing and hugging on him and is actually pretty gentle with him most of the time, considering Fenn is still so young and doesn't quite understand about not being too rough with him.  The above photo was taken recently one morning at home.  Boone was in his swing and Fenn decided to read to him.  He kept putting books in Boone's lap (I suppose he was trying to share) and then he pulled up his "time out" stool, sat down, opened up a book, and started "reading" it to him.

The photos I'm using in the rest of this post are from Fenn's Halloween Party at school the other day.  They had a party and then went outside on the playground to do a piñata.  So I decided to stop by and take some photos.  The next photo was taken while they were inside.  Ariyanna had just kissed Fenn and then while hugging each other, they fell over laughing.  So cute!


Here are some things Fenn is doing these days:

:: He can count to 6.  The words aren't exact, but you can make out what he's saying.

:: He loves to 'sing' the alphabet song.  You can't really make out all of the letters, but he pretty much makes a sound for all 26 letters and definitely has the tune right.  For example, you can definitely tell when he says, "T U V...".
The next photo was taken during Fenn's turn with the piñata.

:: He knows that Saturday comes after Friday.  Saturday seems to be one of his favorite words.  I also sometimes think he is getting Saturday confused with Cassidy.  She's a pretty little girl in the class ahead of him that I think he plays with a lot on the playground.
This is a photo of Fenn's class (Toddler 2) and the 2 Year Old class.  They blend the two classes a lot of the time, especially on the playground.

:: Strangely enough, we figured out by accident that he could sing the Barney song.  You know the one... "I love you... You love me... We're a happy family... With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you... Won't you say you love me, too?"  One day, he just started singing it AND doing the movements (hugging himself and blowing a kiss at the correct time in the song).  We had never even mentioned Barney in our household.  The few books we had were hand-me-downs from Dan's sister and they were in a drawer somewhere.  Apparently, he learned all about Barney at school.  So now we have pulled those books out and have recorded a couple of Barney episodes for him.  And we even think it is really sweet when he sings it.
This is Fenn and Anabelle.  They had just kissed each other and then lost their balance and fell on the ground while hugging each other.  This seems to happen a lot!

:: He will now say, "I love you, mommy." and "I love you, daddy."

:: When he doesn't want one of us to do something (for example, sing or talk), he'll say, "No, mommy." or "No, daddy."
I love this photo of Fenn.  He had just come down the slide and popped up laughing.

:: He still loves cheese.  And we always keep cheddar cheese cubes in the bottom drawer of our refrigerator.  We have one of those french door refrigerators with the freezer on the bottom.  Now when he decides he wants some, he'll get a step stool, put it in front of the refrigerator, open the doors, open the drawer, get the bag of cheese, open it, and get his cheese.  He also goes into the freezer for ice.
And I love these 3 photos of Fenn and Lily.  They were on one of the play sets on the playground and it has this bubble window on one side.  They started pressing their faces up against the bubble.


:: When he wants to show us something he has done (for example, when he makes a great big mess somewhere), he'll call us into the room, hold out both arms to his side and point his fingers in the air, and say, "Oh no!!!!".

That's just a little bit of what's going on with Fenn these days.  There's tons more stuff he's doing and saying these days, but I just can't remember everything.

Happy 23 Month Birthday, Fenn!  Mommy and Daddy love you very much.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails