Thursday, February 18, 2010

Boone at Nine Months Old

This is Boone at Nine Months.  This is the ninth installment in the "12-month onesie" series.  This has been a HUGE month for Boone.  The biggest thing is that he became mobile.  First he started crawling right after he turned 8 months, then he started pulling up to a stand, and then he quickly started "cruising" the furniture.  Fenn has one of those Pottery Barn Anywhere Chairs in the family room, and Boone has even figured out how to climb up into it.  The other big event for him was his baptism on Valentine's Day.  {Check out that post below this one.}

He is quite a little character.  I'm seeing more and more of what his personality is going to be like.  At first, we really thought he was very similar to Fenn in that respect... laid back.  Which he still is laid back and easy going.  But now we're seeing a more mischievous side to him.  For example, if he is holding onto something he doesn't want you to have and you try to take it from him, he has this totally devilish little laugh and a twinkle in his eyes as he clings to it with all the strength he has.  I can see now that he's going to be a handful.  I am also getting a tiny glimpse of what he's going to look like as a little boy, as he is starting to lose that 'baby' look and looking more like a toddler.  At certain angles, I see more and more of Dan in him.

He has this funny thing he does when drinking his bottle.  He'll hold on to it with both hands, with the nipple in his mouth, and roll it back and forth.  I think that shows pretty good dexterity to be able to do that and drink at the same time.  He is starting to learn to drink from a sippy cup.  Sometimes I can tell he is actually getting something out.  And sometimes I think he is just playing with it and only chews on the spout.

He went for his 9-month check up yesterday (on the 17th).

These are his stats at 40 weeks (or 9 months) old:
Weight: 21 lbs. 7.5 oz. (65th %)
Height: 28.75" (67th %)
Head: 45 cm (41st %)

Compare this to his stats at 27 weeks (or 6 months) old:
Weight: 18 lbs. 2 oz. (58th %)
Height: 27.25" (74th %)
Head: 43.6 cm (42nd %)

As usual, you can see all the "12-month onesie" photos by looking over in the right-hand column under "More Photos of Fenn and Boone" and clicking on the link to "Boone's 12-Month Onesie Photos".  It is kind of fun to see them all together.  If you don't know what I'm doing here, I got the idea from Martha Stewart.  I put Boone in the same 12-month sized onesie as close to the 15th of each month as possible and take a photo of him on the same blanket.  At the end of the year, I'll print all the photos and have them matted and framed together.  I still haven't framed Fenn's, but at this point, I'll do them at the same time so I can be sure to get the same mat and frame.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails