Saturday, March 27, 2010

Boone at Ten Months Old

This is Boone at Ten Months.  This is the tenth installment in the "12-month onesie" series.  If you are unfamiliar with what I am doing, I take a photo of Boone each month (on or around the 15th) in a plain white 12-month onesie.  I also did this for Fenn's first year.  Once I'm done with all of the photos, I'll have them matted and framed together.  There will be one of Fenn's first year and one of Boone's first year, each with 12 photos.  If you'd like to see all of their 12-month onesie photos, look over in the right-hand column of the blog under "More Photos of Fenn and Boone" and there is a link to "Fenn's 12-month onesie photos" and to "Boone's 12-month onesie photos".

As you can see by the date of this post, I'm a little late with it.  I actually did take the photo a couple of days after the 15th.  But I have been really busy and haven't had a lot of time to blog lately.  Funny how that is now that I have 2 kids!

Once again, it has been a really busy month for Boone.  In a previous post earlier this month, I wrote about how Boone started walking with the help of a push toy.  At the time, he would only walk a few feet at a time.  Now only a couple of weeks later, he is pushing his walker toy and Fenn's Mickey Mouse ride-on truck all over the house.  He is definitely living up to his name (as in 'Daniel' Boone ~ even though he's not a Daniel) and is quite the explorer.  He is fearless and doesn't mind going to other rooms in the house all by himself.

Another big new skill for him is clapping.  He started clapping last Saturday (March 20th).  So cute!  He has also mastered the more difficult skill of squatting down and then standing right back up.  That one takes a lot of strength and coordination.  And he has also started standing without holding onto anything for as long as 3 or 4 seconds at a time.  We really think he'll be walking on his own within the next few weeks.  If he doesn't, we'll be surprised.

As far as talking, he hasn't said any real words yet.  But he jabbers all the time.  I wonder what his first real word will be???

He absolutely loves bathtime.  Sometimes, I'll have him sitting on my lap while I sit on the side of the bathtub and start filling his tub with water.  He'll use all his strength to try and lean over toward the water.  And once he gets in, he has a blast.  He moves around, splashes, stands up to get toys, puts his hands and head under the running water, gets on his belly, lies down on his back, and puts his mouth in the water and blows bubbles.  Just like we did with Fenn, we have always just dumped the water right over his head.  He doesn't seem to mind at all.  We're thinking he'll be ready to move out of his inflatable tub and into the full bathtub soon.  After we let him get used to that for a little while, we think it will be time to try a bath with Fenn.  I'll definitely be photographing and videoing that event!  We also look forward to getting him into swim lessons in a few more weeks.  I just need to sign him up for his class.

The other night, Boone discovered the pots and pans I keep on an open shelf under the cooktop.  He pulled off one of the frying pans and started pushing it all over the kitchen, picking it up and banging it along the way.  Apparently, he is not bothered by the noise at all.

Boone and Fenn have started playing together more and more here lately.  Fenn will run through the house from Boone, and Boone will follow him.  Fenn seems to think it is pretty funny.  Fenn also does a great job of making Boone laugh.  Sometimes they'll both get their giggle boxes turned over on the way home from school in the afternoons.  Boone also does a great job of holding his own against Fenn.  Fenn likes to stand right in front of the tv sometimes.  Boone will crawl over and stand up next to Fenn.  And if Fenn pushes Boone a little to try and get him out of his personal space, Boone will push right back.  This is both good and bad ~ good that Boone can hold his own, but bad because he has also already gotten in trouble at school for pushing his classmates.

I told you it had been a busy month!  Now it is time to get serious about planning all the details of Boone's first birthday party on May 8th.  We're having it a week early because we're thinking of leaving for vacation the weekend of his actual birthday.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails