Monday, March 22, 2010

Making Easter Cookies with Fenn

Yesterday, while daddy was working yet another Sunday during tax season, Fenn and I decided to make some Easter cookies.  We cheated and made them from a mix.  But Fenn didn't care.  He still had fun helping me roll them out, cut the shapes, and adding sprinkles to them.  Oh, and he enjoyed sampling the sprinkles, too.  I even caught him trying to eat the cookie dough!

By the time we were done, mommy was exhausted and wondering why it wasn't as easy and enjoyable as it appears when you see it on TV.  I loved spending that time with Fenn and treasure all my little moments with my boys.  But it definitely wasn't quite the 'cake walk' they lead you to believe it will be when you see it on TV or in a magazine!  Now I need to go buy some new Easter shaped cookie cutters because Fenn kept squeezing the ones I had.  They are those cheap, thin, metal ones and now the shapes are all distorted.  I think I'll look for some nicer copper ones for next year.  They're more heavy duty and will hopefully hold up to little hands that like to squeeze them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails