Saturday, December 25, 2010

Crack of Dawn on Christmas Morning

Since we didn't get to bed until around 2:30 a.m., we were really hoping for one of those rare mornings when the boys sleep late.  Late for them would be 6:30... and really late would be 7:00.  But that didn't happen.  Boone was up first between 5:30 and 6:00.  After putting him in the bed with us and then figuring out he was not going back to sleep, I decided to get up and get prepared for the onslaught of chaos in the dining room.  (That's where we have to put our tree because there's no room in the family room without removing a major piece of furniture).  About the time I got up around 6:00, I heard Fenn calling for us.  So I got Fenn, took him to go potty, and then took him back to our room so Dan could keep both boys locked up while I got things ready.  The 'things' would be the video camera and camera.

Around 6:30 a.m., the boys had lost patience and I was finally ready.  {Note for future reference... I just noticed the time stamp on all my pictures is an hour later than it actually was.  I have now corrected that on my camera.}

Fenn tearing out of our room at about 100 mph.

Boone following close behind... with his beloved paci.  Time to start working on getting rid of it.  He only has it during naps and at bedtime; however, we forgot to take it away from him when he got up, so he has it in all of the Christmas morning photos.

One of Fenn's favorite toys was his Star Wars Light Saber.

And one of Boone's favorite toys was the plasma car.  That's Grami showing him how it works.

This one is just to prove that I do indeed exist and occasionally relinquish control of the camera.

And about the best photo I could manage of the boys in their Christmas pajamas.  They're not looking at me, but I like that they're in the rocking chairs their Aunt Angie and Uncle Todd gave them.  Definitely an heirloom they'll keep forever and hopefully their kids will sit in them someday.  And I hope I am still around to see it.

I'll do another post with photos from the rest of the day later.  Time for breakfast!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails