I stole this idea from my neighbor, friend, and Blog Mentor, Nicole. She found this fun website recently and posted a "mix tape" on her blog. I liked it so much, that I decided to copy her! Some of the songs I chose for my mix tape are the same as those on a cd Nicole burned for Fenn before he was born. It is called "Miles presents his favorite sleepy songs" and is full of great songs. (Miles is Nicole's 2 yr. old son.) Yes, the cd was meant for Fenn, but Mommy and Daddy also love listening to it. I also added a few of my own selections to this mix tape. The first one is Close To You by The Carpenters. I have been singing that song to Fenn since the day he was born. If you listen to the lyrics, they're so perfect. One of them is "On the day that you were born, the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true. So they sprinkled moondust in your hair - of gold - and starlight in your eyes of blue." Too bad I don't sound ANYTHING like Karen Carpenter! But Fenn seems to like it, anyway. Sometimes he'll be sitting in my lap and I'll start to sing it. He'll hear the first 3 words, recognize it, and turn to smile at me. And then Mommy's heart melts! Confession Time: I got hooked on re-runs of Dawson's Creek when we first moved to Knoxville. In the episode where Joey gets mugged, she talks about how her dad would sing Close To You to her when she was a little girl. That's where I got the idea to start singing it to Fenn.
Oh, in case you want to know... the one that says "unknown" is Lullaby by The Dixie Chicks. Not sure why the title and artist are not showing. There were a few more songs I wanted to add (such as Catch the Moon by Lisa Loeb), but they weren't available on the website. Enjoy! (Just click on the middle of the "tape" to start the music.)









2 comments:
Love the music!
Hi Beth!
I have been on bed rest for about a week and finally got a chance to read the whole blog.... you are making the rest of us moms look bad...lol!! Fenn is absolutely gorgeous!! I am so glad you have found so much happiness...in Dan and Fenn.
So sorry I missed seeing you all when you were in town... dang the rain the day before the prom lead out that was to be held outside. We had to set up a (just in case) 2nd location at the last minute... stress....stress...stress.... your time is coming....ha!!
Noelle is a Junior at GA Tech..getting ready to head back to Asia again for more classes abroad and Robby is a Senior in high school and is touring Europe for the second summer with the US Youth Orchestra. He was in Austria yesterday..not sure what country today ....Time really flies so enjoy every moment with your beautiful baby. By the way, I do have a toddler now... Belle...my favorite child. She turned 3 on June 1st. I would send you a picture if I could figure out how to add it to this thing. This is what my life has come to...dressing my baby in cuter outfits than Noelle ever let me put her in....ha!!!
So, when are you having baby #2???
Hope to hear from you soon.
Love you!
Judy
Post a Comment