skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fun in the Sun on Seabrook Island, SC ~ Part Two
On Friday of our trip, we decided to spend the day in Charleston. I had never been to Charleston, so I was looking forward to going. Plus, Dan's cousin, Dawn, lives in Charleston and I had never met her before. So we picked her up and headed into town. Right off, I could tell I was going to love Charleston and hope to go back and spend some more time there someday. But for now, I had to settle for a partial-day tour of the Battery, Market Street, and a quick drive through some of the historic home areas. However, the highlight of the day was eating lunch at Jestine's Kitchen (click on the link to see some photos of the food). Most of us got the fried chicken, and we (of course) ordered up several desserts for the table to share. If you know me, you know I'm not going to pass up dessert! They even sent us an extra dessert that we didn't order... just because! If you go to Charleston, you'll want to check this place out. Apparently it is a favorite of Rachael Ray and some other Food Network chefs. We got there a little before noon and didn't have to wait for a table. But while we were there, a line started forming outside that wrapped around the side of the building. Thanks for a fun day, Dawn! It was great to finally meet you!
That evening, we all got dressed up in our best khaki and white and tried to take some family beach photos. Our efforts were hindered by the attack of the LOVEBUGS. Yes, we apparently planned our beach trip during the two weeks that the crazy mating bugs take over the beach. They were everywhere, and they apparently love white. I'm not going to post any of those photos here because in many of them we have lovebugs on our noses, foreheads, clothes, etc. Plus, we didn't get the greatest photos that night because Fenn was tired and wouldn't look up at the camera. The first photo on my "Part One" post is from that night. But we got better photos the next night. Oh, and this photo of Dan and Fenn turned out sweet.
On Saturday morning, we went for another bike ride. Here are a couple of those photos. This time, Fenn stayed awake the whole time. We even scoped out a better beach location for hanging out later that day and for taking pictures that evening.
This was our last day on the beach. Once again, Fenn had a blast playing in the sand. I won't go into details... I'll just share several photos here. Throughout this post and the one for Part One, if you'll look closely at Fenn's photos (or even click on them to enlarge them), you'll notice he has sand all over his face.
I like this photo, even though Fenn's eyes are closed.
On our last night, we had one more photo session to try and get some great family photos to possibly use for Christmas cards. I can't post many of those here since we might use them later, but here are a few. The group picture of all of us was taken by one of two sisters who happened to be walking by and offered to take our picture. They were both obviously drunk. I think the one who used Kama's camera actually got a better photo.

On Sunday morning, I took Fenn back out to the beach for a few more photos in this cute terry cloth, hooded romper I had bought months ago with the intention of using it for beach photos.

That's about it for our beach vacation. Luckily, this vacation wasn't Chevy Chase Vacation... the Sequel. We had good weather and we were all well. It was very relaxing and we had a great time with our friends, the Shaws. Thanks for going with us! I know between this post and the Part One post this has turned out to be a really long post with quite a few pictures. But keep in mind that I took almost 800 pictures during the trip!
2 comments:
No, this wasn't the "Chevy Chase Vacation," because this time you wore Fenn down instead of him wearing you two down. You should be ashamed of wearing Fenn out so much that he fell asleep sitting on Dan's shoulders. This was more of what a vacation should be like. Pictures of Fenn indicated how much fun he was having, esp. with so much wide open space in which to crawl around. I'm sure he enjoyed his playmate, Gabe. Both of them were so cute.........
Charleston, What a fun place! I bet it's even better in the fall. (We went in August, way too hot.)
Ok Fenn is such a cutie. What a beautiful family.
~Connie
Post a Comment