Thursday, January 8, 2009

Do You Smile When You Go To The Dentist?

We just got this card in the mail. The dentist had told me they would be sending it, but I had actually completely forgotten about it since it has been a while now. This is a photo from Fenn's very first visit to the dentist back in November. If you missed that post, Fenn somehow somewhere broke his upper left central incisor. It broke off at an angle and left a sharp point on one side. We have no idea how he did it because he never cried. I just noticed it one night after a bath. This little accident has led to several visits to the dentist so far for follow-up (seems a little like overkill to me... but what do I know?). He's had several x-rays and even had the tooth filed down to soften the sharp point. So far, the dentist hasn't detected any nerve damage so we think his tooth and future permanent tooth are both fine.

We've hit the ground running in 2009. We have already cleared out the guest bedroom upstairs to get ready to paint for Fenn's new big boy room. He'll still be in a crib for a while longer, so we'll decorate minimally for now. But when the time comes, we'll get him a new big boy bed and decorate the room in an airplane theme. (I think this is the bedding we'll be using. Just the airplane quilt on the wall, the Flight School sham, and matching pillow... not the other stuff.) We realized we have to get the room painted and set up for him BEFORE Dan gets busy with tax season, or else it won't get done in time. We hope to get it painted this weekend.

As for baby boy #2, I forgot to mention that I have been feeling him move for a few weeks now. And on Christmas night, he was moving so much that Dan was able to feel him for the first time. So that was a nice Christmas present. Most of the time, the movements are much more subtle than that. I guess he was excited about Christmas! No name yet for this little bean. We're tossing around a few ideas, but are no where close to making a final decision. With Fenn, I don't think we decided for sure until about 1 to 2 months out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should say - this is one of the best pictures of Fenn that I've seen lately.

Of course, he seems to adapt to any circumstance/persons while being the happy, precious little boy we all know.

ehaag said...

Hey Beth! Noah and I visited PJCA and got to play with Fenn today for an hour. Apparently, we'd left an extra sheet, bib and socks, so they called to let me know. I hope you're doing great with the pregancy. We love the name Evan Joseph too. Fenn was as sweet as usual today and would bring me a little orange ball or some mixing bowls to play with. He's gotten taller I think. If you ever want to get the boys together just email me at tyrahaag@hotmail.com. I don't start my new job until March. Have a great day! Tyra

Related Posts with Thumbnails