PRECIOUS...
ADORABLE...
LITTLE...
BOY!!!
Yes, it's another boy. I will officially be outnumbered by all the boys in our household, including Petey, our male dog. And I suppose I will forever be outnumbered because I'm not sure we're likely to ever have a girl dog, as I have always preferred male dogs. And I won't say the door is COMPLETELY closed for another baby. Let's just say there's a very small, minuscule crack in the door. There have been plenty of times when we've both said we'd kind of like to have 3 kids. But because of our ages (me being 40 and Dan being 44), we're just not sure we could keep up with 3 little ones so close together at this point in our lives. And like Fenn and this little boy, the third baby would have to come along pretty quickly because of my age and the risks of having a baby into your 40's. And I'm just not so sure I will be ready to be pregnant again so quickly. I have good pregnancies (except for those pesky daily shots in the belly), but I'm not one of those women who loves being pregnant. Who knows... maybe we'll adopt that little girl in a couple of years.For those who aren't familiar with how to read ultrasounds, I'll give a little information about the photos above.
Photo #1 ~ You're looking at a profile. The baby's head is to the left and you should be able to pretty easily make out the nose, mouth, and chin. From there, you should be able to tell what area is the body. There's an arm above the body. And you can see one leg pulled up (all the way to your right in the photo)... the knee is pointing upward.
Photo #2 ~ This one is identical to photo #1.
Photo #3 ~ You're primarily looking down on the baby's face. The top of his head is on the right-hand side of the photo. You can see where the eye sockets are located. Between the eyes, you can see a dark area which is the nose. And above the eyes is a larger dark area which is his brain.
Photo #4 ~ This one is very similar to photo #3, but a little bit better shot of him. Same information for the head, eyes, nose area, etc. You can even kind of tell where his mouth is. You can see the round area to the left of the head, which is his body. Around where you think the shoulders should be (on each side), you can see smaller round areas. Those are his arms... except you're not seeing them stretched out.
Photo #5 ~ This is the money shot. And this one is a little harder to figure out because he's all scrunched up in a ball and you're kind of looking from down underneath him. The ARROW is pointing at his penis. Up above that, you can see one of his legs and kind of tell where his foot is to the right of that body part... even seeing some toes. On the far right-hand side of the photo is his face. You should be able to make out the 2 eye sockets and the nose area.
At first, the ultrasound technician was thinking it was a girl {although, she didn't let on to us what she was thinking}. But that's because he was moving so much and staying drawn up into a ball with his legs close together. He finally spread out those legs enough for her to get a better look. This is not one of the 3D/4D ultrasounds. We'll get that next time, in about another 4 weeks. We're buying the package, so we'll actually get two more ultrasounds and they'll both be 3D/4D. Those are the ones that are so clear and show so much detail.
On another note, be sure to scroll down a good ways and check out all the recent blog posts I've done. I just got the blog caught up last night and there are 4 or 5 new posts since Thanksgiving (including Fenn's first birthday, Fenn's meeting with Santa, Fenn being the ladies man, Fenn's 12-month onesie photo & pediatrician visit, and Christmas). So be sure to check all of those out. There are lots and lots of photos (because I'm terrible at editing them down)!






1 comment:
Boys are our destiny.
Post a Comment