Monday, April 6, 2009

15-Month Checkup


As promised, here are a few more photos from the little photo shoot I did over at the Baptist Church the other day. I managed to get a few cute photos even though Fenn wouldn't cooperate and I didn't have anyone there to help me pose him and keep him from running off. It's really hard to get up and down off the ground when you have a big 'ole pregnant belly getting in the way! I just love that first photo. I actually got four cute ones like that, really close up to him. I was holding the maracas up over my head and Fenn was trying to get them. My intent was not for Fenn to be holding the maracas in all the photos, but to use them to get his attention instead. Obviously, Fenn had other ideas.

Also, Fenn went to the pediatrician on March 25th for his 15-month checkup and to receive two nasty shots in his thighs. As always, he was a little trooper and only cried briefly. He was fine once I picked him up. His pediatrician, Dr. Herron, is always impressed at how sweet and still he is when she's examining him. I think it's because he thinks she's pretty. He uses his blue eyes to charm her by staring up into her eyes and watching what she's doing to him. Check out his most recent stats... and notice the big change in where his length is percentile-wise. That's a big slow down, or maybe the last time he had just experienced a big growth spurt.

These are his stats at 67 weeks (or 15 1/2 months):
Weight: 24 lbs. 8 oz. (47th%)
Length: 31.25" (49th%)
Head: 47.6 cm (60th%)

Compare this to his stats at 54 weeks old:
Weight: 23 lbs. 9 oz. (57th%)
Length: 30.75" (73rd%)
Head: 47 cm (64th%)

Fenn is right on target with all his major milestones for his age. His vocabulary continues to grow, even though not everyone is likely to understand what he is saying. Two of his newest words are 'outside' and 'garage'. He gets really excited when you mention going outside. In fact, if you don't intend to actually go outside, you'd better not say the word! Last weekend, I bought him a little plastic toddler slide that can be used inside or outside. By this weekend, he had pretty much mastered how to climb up the three steps, sit down on top with his feet in front of him, and slide down on his own. Of course, I'm not completely comfortable yet, so I make sure I'm standing behind him when he is climbing up on top.

Another recent development is that Fenn no longer drinks from a bottle. First, we had gotten rid of the daytime bottles, while still giving him one at bedtime. But we recently stopped doing that one and offer him some milk from his sippy cup instead. And the only time Fenn uses a pacifier is at night when he's sleeping. We knew that would be the last thing to go. And we're hoping to get rid of it by the time Piperbean #2 comes along. Otherwise, we're afraid Fenn will grow even more attached due to the trauma of accepting another little bean in the house.

I just like the expression on his face in that last photo!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails