Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lookie, Lookie, Lookie... There Goes Cookie!


See that cute cookie bouquet in the picture? It was sent to us by my sweet sister-in-law, Cindy, right after Fenn was born... almost 17 months ago. See that cute cookie at the top of the bouquet that says "WELCOME FENN"??? I thought it was so cute that I saved it with plans to shellac it and preserve it. I've had the cookie in a zip-loc bag for the last 16 months. And I bought the spray shellac at least 12 or 13 months ago. And I FINALLY got it out this weekend to shellac it. (Figured I'd better get it done before bean #2 arrives in a few weeks.) Last night, Dan took it outside and sprayed the front. We let that dry and then sprayed it again and brought it inside for the night. This morning, I took it back outside to spray the back side of the cookie. I had laid it on a board and then put it on the ground in the backyard. Petey was out in the backyard. (Yep, he's that cute little guy you see over in the right-hand column of the blog... the one that looks like the Little Rascals dog.) And I really didn't think that would be an issue. The cookie was now sealed in shellac, so there really shouldn't be much of a cookie scent anymore, right? And you'd think the shellac would smell bad and would taste bad, right? Well, that apparently doesn't matter to dogs. Not long after this, I went downstairs to put something in the washing machine. As I was heading back upstairs, I noticed Petey was sitting at the sliding glass door looking like he wanted to come inside and cool off. So I walked over to the door and was about to open it. I glanced out into the yard where the board was laying on the ground. No sign of the cookie! Hmmm.... I'm thinking, "Oh no... surely Petey didn't eat that cookie covered in a thick coat of shellac." I walked outside and looked around, thinking maybe Petey had tried to pick it up and then decided he didn't like the taste and dropped it somewhere. Still no sign of it. I quickly came to the conclusion that my sweet little puppy dog had eaten the cute little cookie I had saved for so long and wanted to preserve. Yes, I know it's actually kind of funny when you think about it. Dan and I had a good laugh over it. Now I'm just hoping Petey is okay. So far, he seems fine. Hopefully there won't be any after effects from eating a 16 month old cookie covered in a nice coat of fresh shellac.

1 comment:

LouLou said...

Precious pics, Thel baby! I can't believe how big Fenn is getting. He's so adorable! Hope everything goes well on the 15th! We'll be thinking about you!
Love, LouLou

Related Posts with Thumbnails