Monday, April 13, 2009

:: Neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt (Saturday, April 4, 2009)

Last Saturday (April 4th), we had our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. We took Fenn last year, but he was only 3 months old... so it was really more for us than it was for him. This year, he was ready to hunt some eggs! He didn't get very many because he needs to work on his hunting speed, but he did get a prize egg with a $5 gift certificate to Bruster's Ice Cream. Fenn also got his first taste of climbing a tree when Dan put him up on a branch. I think he kind of liked it.After the hunt, we went to lunch at
Qdoba Mexican Grill with some of our neighbors who have kids around the same age. That was very chaotic (with 5 kids) and a lot of fun! Just a little glimpse into what our life is going to be going forward. But we wouldn't change a thing! The family shot was taken by a friend down the street. She is also working toward starting a family photography business, although she is probably much further along than I am. She's taking classes at a local college and has a nicer camera than me. Check out her blog sometime at http://www.angelaacker.wordpress.com/. I really like this family shot. Thanks, Angela!
After lunch, Dan had to go into the office for a while since (do I even need to say it?) it is tax season! So that afternoon, Fenn and I went for a ride and stopped off at a neat little park area in Sequoyah Hills, a neighborhood we wished we could have afforded when we first moved here. It's a beautiful neighborhood along the Tennessee River. But we love our current neighborhood and are so happy we ended up here instead. Great neighbors, great friends, and lots of kids around the same age.Anyway, I did another little mini photo session with Fenn. Once again, it was a little difficult since I didn't have anyone to help me with him. So I didn't get some of the shots I would have liked to have gotten because he kept moving around and I didn't want him to fall and hit his head on the concrete structures in the park. He had a great time climbing on the steps, running back and forth from one end to the other.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails