Friday, January 8, 2010

Boone Figures It Out


Boone is changing so fast these days.  During dinner tonight, I put Boone in his crib on his back to play.  Afterward, I went back to check on him and found him sitting up.  Yes, he's been sitting up for a while now.  And yes, he's been getting in the "all fours" position and rocking back and forth for a while.  And he's been coming really close to getting from the "all fours" position to the sitting position.  Well tonight he finally figured it out.  And he was really proud of it, too!  He was grinning ear-to-ear when I walked in the room and realized what he had done.  I'm pretty sure he'll be crawling within the next couple of weeks.  I wouldn't be surprised if it happened in a matter of days.  Oh, and he can also hold himself up in a standing position for several seconds.  He's obviously holding onto something when he does it, but he can definitely do it.  He just needs help because he can't pull himself up yet.  But it's just a matter of time...

If you look really closely at these 2 photos, you can see his teeth.  I blogged about his first tooth coming in on January 1st (the left lower central incisor).  Well, the right lower central incisor came in on January 2nd.  So he has TWO teeth now.

I have a feeling January is going to be a big month of "firsts" for Boone.  He's changing so fast right now.  I think it's time to lower the mattress in his crib.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails