Sunday, February 7, 2010

Boone Can Stand Up! {all by himself}

Last night, we were getting ready for a long-awaited date night.  We were trying really hard to get the boys down before leaving.  We have this great arrangement with our friends next door where we swap out babysitting a couple of times a month so we can all have an occasional date night.  And what's so great is that it is free!  And it's so easy because in both situations the kids are asleep.  So all the 'sitter' has to do is hang out and watch tv, read, or just relax.  Unless, of course, one of the kids wakes up.  But that's rare.

I had put Boone in his crib to go and do something.  When I walked back in his room, this is what I found. 
He was standing up!  He's been able to stand and support his weight for several weeks now.  But this is the first time he has pulled up to a stand on his own.  At least it's the first time he's done it at home.  His teachers at school said he did it a week or so ago.  But that doesn't count in my book.  Mommy or daddy have to see it for themselves.  Now whenever you try to put him down in a sitting position, he locks his body in a straight position and won't sit down.  He just wants to stand all the time!

So, because we had been procrastinating about lowering the crib mattress ever since Boone figured out how to get from a lying position to a sitting position a few weeks ago, we had no choice but to do it today.  But before we did it, I finished a little project I've been trying to get around to doing for a while now.  I got Boone's name canvas from Kim Wheeler of Small Words a couple of months ago.  Thanks, Mom!  {My mom paid for it as her gift to Boone when he was born.}  My part of the project included painting the turquoise blue rectangle on the wall and outlining it with black and white gingham ribbon.  And then I had to put the bumpers back in the crib so I could get some pictures before we lowered the mattress.  Here's a little sneaky peek at how it turned out.  Hopefully soon I'll get around to finishing up a few little details in Boone's room.  Then I plan to do a post with photos of his room.  It is basically the same room as Fenn's nursery, except I have tried to make a few changes so it is unique for Boone.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails