Friday, April 23, 2010

The Boys' Last Day at Their Old School


Yesterday was the boys' last day at their old school.  It was both a happy and a sad day.  Happy, because it was so fun to see the bonds Fenn had formed with his teachers and friends.  I am so happy I was able to capture some of that in photos.  Sad, because Fenn was having to leave all of those first friends and teachers he has grown to love.  Believe me when I say that a 2 1/2 year old definitely has the ability to develop friendships.  He has been at that school since he was 6 1/2 months old.  But due to something that happened with Boone {which I won't get into here}, we felt it was best to change schools.  We hated to put Fenn through that and make him leave his friends, but we know he'll adjust pretty quickly.  Hopefully, we can keep in touch with a few of his friends and teachers there.  We know he'll continue to see his friend, Ella Kate.  It was also sad for me because I have become very attached to seeing those kids every day when I pick up the boys.  I have enjoyed watching many of them go from little babies just starting to sit up to full-fledged pre-schoolers.  I miss them already.

Anyway, we're not worried about how Boone will adjust.  He's still young enough to have not developed any real attachments to anyone there.  Yes, we could tell he really liked certain teachers.  But as far as developing friendships, he's just too young at this point. 

Here are some of my favorites from the day.  Most of the pictures are of Fenn with his friends and teachers.  [In the group photo above:  Back row (L to R):  'Regular' Amy, Amber, Krazy Amy.  Middle Row:  Kassidy, Ariyanna, Hattie, Kathryn, Seth, Fulton.  Front Row:  Fenn, Audree, Charlotte, Anabelle, Sydney, Ella Kate.  {Missing:  Mary Frances and Claire).]

:: With Miss Ashley, his teacher in both the Creepers room and the Toddler 1 room.

:: With Mrs. Amy (aka 'Regular Amy'), his teacher in the Toddler 2 room.

:: With Audree, Noah, and Sydney.

:: Getting a hug from 'his' Ella Kate.

:: You might remember Anabelle and the 'One Last Kiss' post from August 2009.  {Click 'here' if you want to see that post.}

:: Getting a hug from Anabelle with sweet Kassidy waiting for her hug.

:: Another hug from Ella Kate.  Ariyanna looks like she's thinking, "You better step away from my man!"

:: I just like this one of Fenn.  That's my little man.

:: A fun photo of pretty little Ella Kate.

:: With Mrs. Bettina, his teacher in the Creepers room.

And, I did get a few pictures of Boone with some of his very first teachers.

:: With Miss Kristina, his teacher in the Infant room.  She was relatively new to the school, so was only with him for a few weeks before he moved to Creepers.  But she fell in love with him pretty quickly.

::  With Mrs. Tasha, his teacher in the Creepers room.  He was only in there a few weeks, but she was so sweet to him.

:: With Miss Pam, one of the 'floater' teachers who only spent a little time with him.  But I'm grateful to her for something she did.

Thank you to the teachers who loved our kids.  We enjoyed our time there and really wish we didn't have to leave.  But we felt it was in Boone's best interest.  I don't have photos of every teacher posted here due to how big this post already is.  And I didn't get a photo of Boone with Miss Kayla because she was already gone for the day.  When she first met Boone while we were visiting Fenn's class one day during my maternity leave, she fell in love with him and claimed him immediately.  {Check out 'More Photos of Fenn & Boone in the right-hand column of the blog for a link to an album with all the photos from the day."}

Today, they went for a 'visit' at their new school and will start full time on Monday.  Normally, Dan takes the kids to school by himself, but today we both went.  Boone's drop off was easy, just as we thought it would be.  But Fenn's drop off was much more difficult.  It was hard to see him so upset, but we know he'll be fine.  It is just going to take a little time.  To give him something to look forward to, we have promised him we'll go to Chuck E. Cheese's tonight.

:: Getting ready to go to the new school.
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails