On Thursday of last week (June 24th), Fenn's big boy furniture arrived. We've had it ordered since mid-April and have been anxiously awaiting its arrival. We had expected it a couple of weeks sooner and had even gone ahead and removed the crib from Fenn's room. So for a couple of weeks, he slept on the crib mattress on the floor with bed rails on the sides. He did great with that, so we knew he would do great once the big boy bed arrived.
The furniture was delivered during the afternoon while the boys were at school. I quickly pulled the room together as best I could and closed the door before heading out to pick up Fenn and Boone. Some of the 'stuff' from Fenn's room was still sitting in the hallway because I either didn't have time to put it back in the room or just hadn't figured out what to do with it. While driving to the boys' school, I called Dan so he could try and get home before us. He didn't want to miss Fenn's reaction to seeing his new big boy room. When we got home and walked upstairs, Fenn immediately noticed the things in the hallway and made comments about this and that and why things were out there. Then we told him to open the door to his room. When he opened it, he had an immediate reaction of excitement. He put his hands on his head and exclaimed, "My big boy bed!". Then he walked over to the bed and climbed up on the step stool to get a better look.
Fenn climbed up on the bed and I sat down with Boone. Of course, Fenn then proceeded to throw all the pillows and stuffed animals (or as he calls them, his animal friends) off the bed. And of course, after that, he had to jump on the bed a little. Before bedtime, we added the bed rails. At bedtime, we sat up on the bed to read some books. And then Fenn slept all night long in his new bed. He did great! And he loves his new room.
The theme of his room is airplanes. I actually bought the bedding from Company Kids over a year ago. When it went on sale, we decided to go ahead and buy it. And I have accumulated a few other 'airplane' theme things for the room since then. I still have tons of stuff to do to the room before I consider it complete. But hopefully I can get it done soon and I'll be sure to do a post about it.
And we actually already have Boone's big boy furniture now. We bought a set of bunk beds which can be separated and used as two twin beds. That's much cheaper than buying two separate twin beds. They will each have a twin bed with a trundle bed underneath. We also bought two trundles, two dressers, and two nightstands. We did this in case the boys ever decide to share a bedroom. And if they decide to set the beds up as bunks, they can put one trundle under the bottom bunk and use the other trundle as a low lounge area either in their room or in a playroom. For the time being, we're storing Boone's dresser in Fenn's room and everything else down in the garage. And you guessed it... I'm already looking for Boone's big boy room bedding. He'll only be in his crib for another year or so. And I'm getting bored with the nursery and ready for something different in his room.
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago













No comments:
Post a Comment