We've been gearing up here lately to start doing some serious potty training. Fenn has been showing signs of being ready for a while now. But we knew we couldn't even think about getting serious until after tax season. His interest in using the potty has really increased since starting to his new school and watching the other boys in his class use the potty. And he has been wanting to watch daddy pee in the potty, too. So we've been telling him that as soon as he pees and/or poopies in the potty, we'll take him to McDonald's to celebrate. {Sidenote: He has already peed in the big potty and poopied in the little potty one time in the past. But we think those times were mostly flukes and/or good timing.}
So yesterday morning while eating breakfast, Fenn suddenly said, "I need to go potty now." I got him out of his chair and sent him off to the bathroom. He pulled down his pants and I took off his diaper. He stood up on his stool and lifted the toilet seat. He stood there for a little while... but nothing happened. Then he got this 'look' on his face and it happened. It shot straight out, ricocheted off the side of the bathtub, soaked a section of the shower curtain, and then hit the toilet tank. While all this was happening, I was trying to grab Fenn and get him pointed downward in the right direction before anything else (like me) got soaked.
And the first thing out of Fenn's mouth was "I peed in the potty. I ready to go to McDonald's now." Guess where we went for dinner last night? McDonald's. And we had to go to what Fenn refers to as the Big McDonald's. That's the one we used to go to on the way home from his old school. Since changing schools, we have to go to a different McDonald's because the Big McDonald's is out of the way.
Yay Fenn! Mommy and daddy are proud of you. It's a good start. Maybe we'll have him potty trained by mid-summer.
.: The photo of Fenn above was taken back in late May... right before the finale of American Idol.
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago







No comments:
Post a Comment