Monday, June 28, 2010

Fenn's Zoo Date with Ella Kate, Layla, and Sophia

On Friday, I let Fenn skip school and we went to the zoo with his friends Ella Kate, Layla, and Sophia.  If you keep up with us here on the blog, you already know about Fenn's friendship with Ella Kate (a classmate from his previous school and also from The Little Gym).  Fenn often says he's going to marry Ella Kate, even though I'm sure he has no idea what that means!  And Layla and Sophia are some other friends he met at The Little Gym.  The kids have so much fun together, so Ella Kate's mom, Kathryn, planned a zoo date. 

Here they are looking for bears.  "We're going on a bear hunt... We're going to catch a big one... What a beautiful day... We're not scared..."  {That's one of Fenn's favorite books right now.}

:: Cute group shot!  It was much harder to get than it looks.

:: How cute is this?!?!

:: Getting up close and personal with the zebras.

:: Cute carousel shots of Ella Kate, Fenn, and Layla.  Sophia opted not to ride.

:: Fun at the frog splash pond with Sophia.  Ella Kate and Layla had to leave after the carousel ride.

After playing in the water, Fenn and I grabbed some lunch and then headed home for a nap.  I know Fenn had a great time with his friends.  But I also had a great time with the other moms (Kathryn, Joy, and Kelly).  Since I work from home and the boys are at school every day, that was really my first official play date.  And I look forward to doing more.  I have Fridays off, but it seems like I always have so much 'house' stuff to do and haven't gotten around to planning play dates.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails