I'm going to keep my writing kind of short on this one and mostly just post a bunch of photos from the holiday weekend. We drove down to Lanett, Alabama to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. We went down on Wednesday afternoon and came back on Saturday. This was going to be the first time we've had our entire family together in several years. It's pretty much a major miracle when we're actually able to get together. Everyone wasn't able to make it on Thursday, so we had our Thanksgiving on Friday instead. One brother lives in Rincon, GA (near Savannah) along with his wife and 2 kids. Another brother lives in Birmingham, AL along with his 3 kids. And Dan and I are up in Knoxville, TN. So we're really kind of spread out. On top of that, we all have very busy lives. Todd, Angie and his family have a horse farm that has kept them busy for the last year and a half. They bought the place, built a fence and pastures, and built a big barn. I look forward to going to see it. And they want Fenn to come sometimes during the summers to stay for a week and soak up the farm life. In addition to the farm, Todd has a pretty demanding full-time job. Angie and Seth are in charge of running the horse farm on a daily basis. And Jesse is in his first year of college, where he plays baseball. Greg is an orthodontist in B'ham. In addition to his job, he is a very involved dad and is always coaching one or more of his kids' teams. And Tucker, Griffin, and Audrey are all really athletic. Their sport of choice: Basketball. Plus Audrey, of course, likes the girly stuff (i.e., princesses). As for us, Dan is really busy with his accounting firm. And our "fixer upper, money pit" of a house has kept us busy for the last three years. And then along came Fenn... and you know that story. And we're about to get even busier when Bean #2 comes along in May.That's me with my big brothers, Greg and Todd. OK... keep in mind that I am 15 weeks pregnant in these photos! The waistline has already started expanding.
I'll wrap this up by saying what I'm thankful for. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who is my best friend. I'm thankful for my beautiful baby boy, Fenn. I'm thankful for this pregnancy and looking forward to meeting this special little one in May... and praying for another healthy child. I'm thankful for my entire family (immediate, in-laws, and extended family). I'm thankful for our sweet little puppy dog, Petey. I'm thankful for all of my great friends. And I'm thankful we were able to get together for Thanksgiving this year.
Audrey and Griffin were really sweet playing with Fenn the whole afternoon.
That's Seth in his really cool hat.
The grandparents with all of their grandkids... except for the one on the way in May.
More of Griffin, Audrey, and Fenn hanging out.
All the grandkids. Griffin did a great job holding Fenn... but I think he was tired by the time I was done taking pictures. Fenn weighs about 23.5 lbs. That's Seth on the back row, then Jesse and Tucker, then Audrey and Griffin, and of course Fenn.
Granddad with Fenn.
That's Jesse with Fenn.
That's Seth with Fenn... oldest grandchild with the youngest grandchild.

A cute pic of Griffin with Fenn.
Griffin was trying to tie Fenn's shoe... but finally gave up when Fenn wouldn't be still.






No comments:
Post a Comment