
Last week was a very busy week around here. First of all, Dan was working even more because of the 15th being on Wednesday. He worked really late Sunday night through Tuesday night and wasn't here to tuck Fenn in at night. Each day, I would stop by Dan's office for a few minutes after picking Fenn up from school just so he could see his daddy for a few minutes. Those last few nights it was obvious he was missing his daddy because his bedtime ritual changed and I had to hold him and rock him to sleep each night. Normally, he goes to sleep on his own. Then the 15th finally arrived! We had a babysitter lined up (Miss Ashley from Fenn's class at school) so we could go out for the annual "office after-party". In some ways, we didn't want to go because it would be another night that Dan wouldn't be here to put Fenn to bed. And both of us were sick and really exhausted. But it turned out to be fun and we probably really needed a night out. And we knew Fenn was in good hands with Ashley because she knows him so well and he has an attachment to her.
Now, back to Monday. I had the first of what will now be weekly appointments with my OB doctor. They're having me do weekly non-stress tests and ultrasounds for the duration of the pregnancy. I'm not really sure if it's because they've just changed their procedures (we didn't do this with Fenn), or if it is because of my "advanced" age. But it's kind of nice to be able to see him on the ultrasounds, even though it's just the basic ultrasound (not the 3D/4D). However, there aren't really any good photos to post. Piperbean #2 looks great. He's kicking and moving a lot. But, he was back in a breached position, with his head on my left side and feet on my right side. Hopefully, he'll turn again and get pointed in the right direction. He's measuring about 2 weeks ahead and weighs an estimated 6 lbs. 6 oz. As I've said before, it looks like he's going to be a BIG baby! So far, I've only gained about 27 lbs., so hopefully I'll only gain about a pound a week going forward and will stay within the recommended maximum of 35 lbs. But I probably should stop eating ice cream and cookies at night for dessert! In case you were wondering, we're leaning toward either Liam or Boone for the little bean's name. Surprisingly, both of those names have been the most popular on our Name Poll. If we go with Liam, it might actually end up being Liam Joseph instead of Liam Daniel. And if we go with Boone, we may flip it and make it Boone William instead of William Boone so he doesn't have to deal with getting called William all his life. (Although, I still think it sounds better as William Boone. But when does anyone ever call someone by their whole name, anyway???) Once we decide for sure on his name, I'll do another blog post.
Dan's office traditionally closes the day after the 15th, so we decided to keep Fenn home from school for the day and spend some time together on Thursday. We had originally planned to send him to school and do some chores around here, but changed our minds at the last minute since Dan had seen Fenn so little over the last week or so. We took Fenn to the Knoxville Zoo that afternoon ~ his very first trip to the zoo! It was nice because it wasn't crowded at all. Fenn loved seeing the black bears (one was swimming in the water), elephants, zebras, lions, chimps, and giraffes. And when we got to the children's area, he rode the merry-go-round for the first time. I rode with him first. We climbed on a giraffe and he started giggling and laughing almost immediately... and continued to giggle the whole time. I laughed so much, my eyes were watering. It was just about the cutest thing I've even seen or heard. I SO wish I'd had my video camera with me on the ride just so I could capture the audio of him laughing. He enjoyed it so much, we decided to let him ride again. So this time he and his daddy jumped on a tiger. After the ride, it was time for the zoo to close for the day and time for us to head home. The fun was over, but we all had a really good time at the zoo.
To end this post I'll tell a little about what's going on with Fenn these days. The cutest thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Fenn disappeared to the back of the house when I was in the kitchen. I could hear him and knew he was either in his room or our room. I'll normally let him explore a little on his own before going back to check on him. Well, before I could do so, he came walking into the room with the proudest look on his face and carrying an empty cup. It was his daddy's cup, the one that daddy fills with water each night and puts on the bedside table. Notice that I said it was an EMPTY cup. I have been after Dan for a while now to stop leaving his cup next to the bed every morning because one day Fenn is going to knock it over. When I saw Fenn with it, I immediately walked back to our room. The spilled water was not where I thought it would be. I thought it would be on the bedside table, soaking the books, and dripping onto the floor. But it was actually spilled on the rug about 4 or 5 feet away. So Fenn had successfully carried the cup for a while before tipping it over and spilling the water.
A few more things about Fenn...
:: He FINALLY refers to us as 'Ma Ma' and 'Da Da' on a consistent basis. He's been making the sounds forever, but not necessarily using them to refer to us. We know he knew that I was mama and Dan was daddy. But he just wasn't ready to start using them to refer to us until recently. That's the best sound in whole wide world!
:: His first sentence is "All done." He'll say it (sounds like 'awwwww duh') and sign it at the same time (by rubbing his hands together as you would do if you're wiping chalk or dirt off of them).
:: A favorite word is 'ine tigh' (which is "Einsteins"), letting us know he wants to watch the Little Einsteins (a children's cartoon on Disney).
:: Another favorite word is 'oww sigh'... which is "outside".
:: Another word that he signs now is 'more' by pointing a finger from one hand into the palm of the other hand. He is quick to let you know if he wants MORE cheese or MORE cookies!
:: The BIG news is that Fenn slept in his new room for the very first time last night. And he did great! We've let him nap in there a few times, but this was the first time to sleep in there at night. He's still in a crib for the next 6 months or so. Then we'll get a big boy bed and start that transition. But he is now officially moved into his new room. I still have some decorating to do, but it is at least functional for now. And I have to admit I shed a few tears over this process. Who knew it would be so hard to move him out of his nursery??? My baby is growing up... but he'll always be my baby!

Now, back to Monday. I had the first of what will now be weekly appointments with my OB doctor. They're having me do weekly non-stress tests and ultrasounds for the duration of the pregnancy. I'm not really sure if it's because they've just changed their procedures (we didn't do this with Fenn), or if it is because of my "advanced" age. But it's kind of nice to be able to see him on the ultrasounds, even though it's just the basic ultrasound (not the 3D/4D). However, there aren't really any good photos to post. Piperbean #2 looks great. He's kicking and moving a lot. But, he was back in a breached position, with his head on my left side and feet on my right side. Hopefully, he'll turn again and get pointed in the right direction. He's measuring about 2 weeks ahead and weighs an estimated 6 lbs. 6 oz. As I've said before, it looks like he's going to be a BIG baby! So far, I've only gained about 27 lbs., so hopefully I'll only gain about a pound a week going forward and will stay within the recommended maximum of 35 lbs. But I probably should stop eating ice cream and cookies at night for dessert! In case you were wondering, we're leaning toward either Liam or Boone for the little bean's name. Surprisingly, both of those names have been the most popular on our Name Poll. If we go with Liam, it might actually end up being Liam Joseph instead of Liam Daniel. And if we go with Boone, we may flip it and make it Boone William instead of William Boone so he doesn't have to deal with getting called William all his life. (Although, I still think it sounds better as William Boone. But when does anyone ever call someone by their whole name, anyway???) Once we decide for sure on his name, I'll do another blog post.

Dan's office traditionally closes the day after the 15th, so we decided to keep Fenn home from school for the day and spend some time together on Thursday. We had originally planned to send him to school and do some chores around here, but changed our minds at the last minute since Dan had seen Fenn so little over the last week or so. We took Fenn to the Knoxville Zoo that afternoon ~ his very first trip to the zoo! It was nice because it wasn't crowded at all. Fenn loved seeing the black bears (one was swimming in the water), elephants, zebras, lions, chimps, and giraffes. And when we got to the children's area, he rode the merry-go-round for the first time. I rode with him first. We climbed on a giraffe and he started giggling and laughing almost immediately... and continued to giggle the whole time. I laughed so much, my eyes were watering. It was just about the cutest thing I've even seen or heard. I SO wish I'd had my video camera with me on the ride just so I could capture the audio of him laughing. He enjoyed it so much, we decided to let him ride again. So this time he and his daddy jumped on a tiger. After the ride, it was time for the zoo to close for the day and time for us to head home. The fun was over, but we all had a really good time at the zoo.

To end this post I'll tell a little about what's going on with Fenn these days. The cutest thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Fenn disappeared to the back of the house when I was in the kitchen. I could hear him and knew he was either in his room or our room. I'll normally let him explore a little on his own before going back to check on him. Well, before I could do so, he came walking into the room with the proudest look on his face and carrying an empty cup. It was his daddy's cup, the one that daddy fills with water each night and puts on the bedside table. Notice that I said it was an EMPTY cup. I have been after Dan for a while now to stop leaving his cup next to the bed every morning because one day Fenn is going to knock it over. When I saw Fenn with it, I immediately walked back to our room. The spilled water was not where I thought it would be. I thought it would be on the bedside table, soaking the books, and dripping onto the floor. But it was actually spilled on the rug about 4 or 5 feet away. So Fenn had successfully carried the cup for a while before tipping it over and spilling the water.

A few more things about Fenn...
:: He FINALLY refers to us as 'Ma Ma' and 'Da Da' on a consistent basis. He's been making the sounds forever, but not necessarily using them to refer to us. We know he knew that I was mama and Dan was daddy. But he just wasn't ready to start using them to refer to us until recently. That's the best sound in whole wide world!
:: His first sentence is "All done." He'll say it (sounds like 'awwwww duh') and sign it at the same time (by rubbing his hands together as you would do if you're wiping chalk or dirt off of them).
:: A favorite word is 'ine tigh' (which is "Einsteins"), letting us know he wants to watch the Little Einsteins (a children's cartoon on Disney).
:: Another favorite word is 'oww sigh'... which is "outside".

:: Another word that he signs now is 'more' by pointing a finger from one hand into the palm of the other hand. He is quick to let you know if he wants MORE cheese or MORE cookies!
:: The BIG news is that Fenn slept in his new room for the very first time last night. And he did great! We've let him nap in there a few times, but this was the first time to sleep in there at night. He's still in a crib for the next 6 months or so. Then we'll get a big boy bed and start that transition. But he is now officially moved into his new room. I still have some decorating to do, but it is at least functional for now. And I have to admit I shed a few tears over this process. Who knew it would be so hard to move him out of his nursery??? My baby is growing up... but he'll always be my baby!







2 comments:
Miles is William Miles and Cade is William Cade. William Boone would be perfect on this street!
Where's the belly - you look fabulous as aways!!
Post a Comment