Boone's first day of school was today. {We call it school instead of daycare so the boys won't think school is anything different once they start "real" school in a few years.} Dan is the one who takes the boys to school each morning, and I do the picking up in the afternoon. But this morning, I went along, too... just because that's what mommy's do. I had to be there the first time he got dropped off! It was an uneventful day... no problems. They said he did great. And I think they're already in love with him there. As for Fenn, I think he was a little confused about why Boone was going with him. I actually think he didn't like having him in his territory today. Although they're in different classrooms, the teachers took Fenn over to visit Boone a couple of times throughout the day. And they also took some of his classmates to visit Boone. Here's Boone right before leaving for school. He looks excited, doesn't he? It kind of looks like he's strapped in, about to take off, and giving the thumbs up to signal he's ready.
Over the weekend, I got some more photos of Boone smiling. He has the sweetest little smile, I think. We had a good weekend. Mommy and Daddy had an adult night out. Dan's office had a cookout at his partner's home on Saturday. Fenn's teacher, Miss Ashley, came over to babysit. It was nice getting out and enjoying some adult conversation. The cookout was planned as a "kid free" event so that everyone could just enjoy the night without having to chase our kids around.
Also over the weekend, we were able to successfully get Boone down for the night between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. a couple of nights. That was a first. Normally, we would feed him around that time and he would still demand to be held and would stay awake. But this time we were able to put him in his crib for a few hours until the next feeding. And that allowed us to have a couple of hours to ourselves before turning in for the night. We're a long way from Boone sleeping completely through the night without needing to be fed, but this is a great first step. We still have to feed him around 10:30 p.m., then again around 2:00 a.m., and then again between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.
Over the weekend, I got some more photos of Boone smiling. He has the sweetest little smile, I think. We had a good weekend. Mommy and Daddy had an adult night out. Dan's office had a cookout at his partner's home on Saturday. Fenn's teacher, Miss Ashley, came over to babysit. It was nice getting out and enjoying some adult conversation. The cookout was planned as a "kid free" event so that everyone could just enjoy the night without having to chase our kids around.
Also over the weekend, we were able to successfully get Boone down for the night between 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. a couple of nights. That was a first. Normally, we would feed him around that time and he would still demand to be held and would stay awake. But this time we were able to put him in his crib for a few hours until the next feeding. And that allowed us to have a couple of hours to ourselves before turning in for the night. We're a long way from Boone sleeping completely through the night without needing to be fed, but this is a great first step. We still have to feed him around 10:30 p.m., then again around 2:00 a.m., and then again between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. 





1 comment:
That's one of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen! He seems to be a very happy baby.
Post a Comment