Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thank You Dr. Kori Cottam and Mrs. Leigh Peterson

Today, I went back to my OB/GYN for my 6-week checkup. Boone went along with me. I could have left him with Dan, but I wanted to take him with me, partly to show him off, and partly to get a photo of him with Dr. Cottam. I did the same thing with Fenn. {Click here to see the similar post of Fenn.} Dr. Cottam delivered both Fenn and Boone. With Fenn, who was born on a Monday, we were able to see Dr. Cottam the next day and that's when I took the photo. But because Boone was born on a Friday, Dr. Cottam was not working the next day. And I didn't think about taking the photo on Friday. Wonder why? Do you think our minds were on something else??? Anyway, I was upset the next day when I realized I had missed my opportunity. So, fast forward to today, when I was finally able to get the photo I wanted. I'm not sure of why it is so important to me to get this photo. I think there are several reasons. First of all, we had such a great birth experience both times and are so appreciative to Dr. Cottam for making it so memorable. And maybe one day Fenn and Boone will want to see who helped bring them into this world.Funny story... Our labor and delivery nurse, Leigh, told us to be sure and say something about Dr. Cottam's t-shirt. Apparently, she had bought a t-shirt that she thought represented "being green"... you know, environmentally friendly. Well it turns out the image on the front of the t-shirt was actually a marijuana leaf! She had not even realized what it was until she got to work that day and some people pointed it out. So after that, she kept trying to cover it up. When she came in our room to get things started, we (of course) commented on her t-shirt and all had a good laugh about it.

After leaving my doctor's office, I decided to stop by the hospital (which is right next door) hoping Leigh Peterson, my awesome labor and delivery nurse, would be working. Same as above, I had missed my opportunity to get a photo with her because she wasn't working on Saturday (the day after Boone was born). Luckily, she was there! And she seemed genuinely pleased that we took the time to stop by. She just gushed over Boone! She told me it was a good thing we stopped by when we did because she was leaving a few days later to go out to Los Angeles with her teenage son for three months. To make a long story short, it seems he got noticed by a talent scout a while back and had already been out once to meet with some people from Disney. They had asked him to come back this summer to meet with more talent agents, Disney representatives, etc. So be on the lookout for him. His name is Adam Peterson. Who knows what will happen... he may just end up being in a Disney production in the future. I have no idea what he looks like, but I'll be looking for his name.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails