skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Ride 'Em Cowboy!
Fenn's school has the neatest summer activities planned. Today, the Little Ponderosa Zoo brought a petting zoo and ponies for the kids to ride. When I got to the school, I peaked into Fenn's room and they were all lining up at the back door to go outside. Fenn didn't see me, so I went around another way so I could snap some photos of Fenn coming out on the other side of the building. It was so cute... all the kids had on cowboy hats. (I posted one picture of Fenn in his hat the other day for his 18-month checkup post. It was taken as he was walking toward me. Scroll down a few posts if you want to see that photo.)
They took all the kids into a fenced-in play area where the zoo was setting up. All the kids sat down to wait. I stayed outside the fence for a few minutes taking pictures. Fenn kept looking back at me the whole time, while all the other kids were watching the pony rides being set up. One time, he stood up, pointed at me, and yelled "MA ma!" (emphasis on the first 'ma').
He finally sat in Miss Ashley's lap and stopped paying so much attention to what I was doing. He loves his Miss Ashley! We have even used her to babysit a couple of times.It's great because you don't worry as much since she already knows him so well (knows his moods, what he likes to eat, etc.).
It's funny, Fenn's class is made up mostly of girls (Ella Kate, Anabelle, Mary Frances, Sydney, Kassidy, Charlotte, Lily, and Ariyanna). And there are only two other boys (Noah and Fulton).
They got to ride the ponies first. Fenn got right on and started bouncing up and down, rocking back and forth, like he does on his Radio Flyer pony. But then he suddenly decided he was done and wanted off... before the ponies started moving. Then he wouldn't get back on. I finally had to force him to get back on, and once the ponies started moving, he was fine. He loved it. Not sure what was up with that!
After the pony ride, they went into the corral with the baby animals (a calf, a goat, a couple of sheep, and a turtle). They even got to feed the animals. One little girl actually fell down and landed in goat poop. They took her inside and put her in the utility sink to hose her off! And yes, it was THAT bad! I wish I'd had my camera, but had already put it away and was getting ready to leave.
No comments:
Post a Comment