Monday, August 31, 2009

Fun Day at the Pool

Just a few photos from a recent trip to the YMCA Pool in our neighborhood. They have an awesome kiddie pool that starts at 1 foot deep up to 2.5 or 3 feet. There's a huge area that is 1 to 1.5 feet and then that part is connected by a water walkway to the other part that is a little deeper for bigger kids. It looks like 2 separate pools with a little hallway between them. We still take Fenn over to the big pool to practice his underwater skills. But he loves the kiddie pool because he can play on his own. He'll climb out and jump off the side into the 1 ft. area over and over and over.... giggling the whole time. On this day, when we got there this sweet little girl came right up to us and proclaimed, "I'm a fish." I thought that was so cute and funny. Then she started playing with Fenn as soon as he got in the water. Boone hung out with me on the side of the pool in the shade. Yes, I do exist... I'm actually in a photo for a change. I did dip Boone's feet and legs into the water some. But we haven't submerged him all the way because the water is so cold. Also, he hasn't been big enough to put in his float. Once the pool closes next weekend, we'll continue to go to the indoor heated pool throughout the fall and winter and will get Boone in soon. We hope he'll love the water as much as Fenn. Here's one last photo of Fenn in his shark towel. So cute!

And a bit of news about Boone. Last night, we had our BEST night ever! We got in from another afternoon at the pool, bathed the boys, and then finished cooking dinner. Boone fell asleep during dinner, between 6:30 and 7:00. We put Fenn to bed a little after 7:00 and then Boone barely woke up enough to drink his last bottle around 8:00 p.m. I put him in his crib around 8:30 and we didn't hear a peep out of him all night. I woke up around 5:30 a.m. and checked on him. He didn't wake up until around 7:00 a.m. He slept for over 12 hours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are doing something right! I suppose abiding by a schedule really pays off. As I remember, I didn't have a set schedule, so that possibly could be the reason I didn't get very much sleep.

You are two great parents who are blessed with two extraordinary great sons!

Grandma said...

I left the above post, but did not click on anonymous. I left my name "Grandma" and clicked on Name/URL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails