Fenn is getting to be such a big boy. He'll be 2 in December.... and you know I'm already planning his birthday party! Yesterday, he asked to go sit on the potty! He had actually already gone poopy in his diaper, but I think it's a huge step forward that he is already showing interest in the potty. We haven't been pushing to get him potty trained yet. But we do have a little potty seat that sits on top of the big potty and a little stool Fenn can pull out and put in front of the potty to get up. And we show it to him occasionally just to get him acquainted with it. Then when he does show interest, we'll show him how to put the seat on top of the potty and climb up. In this photo, we put him up there with his pants on. But then right after that we asked if he wanted to take his pants and diaper off and he said, "Yes.". So that's what we did next... but no photos of that. It was very brief and he was over it almost as soon as we took off his diaper.
Another thing he has started doing is playing underneath the dining room table. He is showing quite the imagination these days and it is so much fun to watch. He'll gather all kinds of toys underneath the table and then pull the chairs back in to create a little secret play space. And sometimes he'll even insist that one of us get down there with him. He'll say, "Get down!" and pull on our pants leg. The other day, Petey even got in on the action and was sitting under there with Fenn. Fenn thought that was pretty cool. {You may notice a big knot on the right side of his forehead in the photo above... That's from getting down off the potty, tripping, and hitting the bathroom door. He was fine and you couldn't even tell the next day.}
I've been running a little behind on my blogging lately and have so many things I need and want to write about Fenn. He's talking so much and doing the funniest things these days. I'm afraid I'm going to forget everything. I think I need to keep a little notebook (or maybe a fancy iPhone or something) to write down all the things that pop in my head from time to time that I really want to remember to write about.
Style Showcase 355
1 day ago









No comments:
Post a Comment